29// Dallas Winston Imagine

This imagine is for Total_Outsider hope you like it!!

••••••••••

"I think I've made a terrible mistake," I tell my twin brother, Ponyboy Curtis.
"What happened, Rose?" He asked.
"I think I'm falling for the person I least expected," I replied.
"Who is it?" Sodapop, my other brother asked, dropping in on the conversation.
"Please tell me it's not..." Darry started, coming in too after eavesdropping.
"It is," I said.
"Dallas Winston?! Why?" Pony asked.
"Just the way he makes me feel, it reminds me of what risk feels like, to fall in love with someone, giving them your heart and trusting them not to damage you. I love him."

Right at that time, the worst thing that could possibly happened, occurred. Dally strutted in like his usual self and stopped in his tracks when he heard the last thing I said.
I started twirling my blonde hair as I waited to see what he would say. He walked in and came closer to me. Dally stood right above my face as he slapped me.

After a couple seconds, he turned on his heels and walked back out. I started balling my eyes out, not knowing what to do.

"Dally!" Ponyboy screamed after him.
"What is wrong with you?" Soda added.

"I'm sorry, Rose," Darry said after a while. "He probably just didn't now what to say." He said, assuring me.
"But he could've said something," I responded.

I could feel my icy blue eyes turning a light green. Whenever I'm upset, mad or excited, they change to green. I started breathing heavy as I couldn't cry anymore.

"Calm down, Rose. Let's get you some tea," Soda said, noticing my eyes.
"No, I need to find him," I said, getting out of my bed.

I walked out onto the porch to find Dally sitting on the steps. He was, in fact, crying too.

"Wha.. why?" I rumbled on.
"I messed up, Rose. I slapped you when I heard how you felt about me and when you saw me I didn't say anything," Tears ran down his face.
"I meant everything I said and I still do," I told him.
"I, I love you, Rose. I do. It's just, it's just that I don't want to scare you off. I want to be with you forever." More tears ran down his face and dripped onto the porch.
"I'm not scared," I walked closer to him.
"Stay away, I don't want to hurt you," Dally stood up.
"I told you, I'm not scared," I took a step closer, inches from his face and brushed against his lips.
"I want you," I whispered as my lips were less than an inch away from his.
"I, I can't."
"I can."

I kissed him right then and there. He started to kiss back but stopped after a little.

"I'm sorry," Dally ran down the steps and back to his car. I stood there as I watched him drive away.
"He never deserved you," Soda said, putting his arm around my shoulder.
"Maybe he doesn't, but I'm not ready to I've up on him," I responded and walked back inside.