31// Ponyboy Curtis Imagine

This imagine is for 80sweirdo hope you like it!!

••••••••••

"Freshman Girls."

"Are you ready, Emma?" Ponyboy asks me as my race was called.

We have been dating for a couple of months and Pony wanted to come to my cross country meet to cheer me on. He runs, but he only does track, not cross country.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I laughed.
"Good luck, babe," Ponyboy said as he kissed me on the cheek.

The gun goes off, signaling that the race has begun. I run a straight line to where we turn, taking the shortest path, and make sure no one cuts me off. The race was two hundred to one. I had to beat that many people if I wanted to win.

"You got this, Emma!" I hear Ponyboy scream as I reach the one mile mark.

Two miles to go, only two more, I say over and over in my head. Two mile mark, one more to go. Half a mile left. It is just down to junior and me for the win. I pick up the pace as the finish like comes into view, but the girl stays with me. I start sprinting, racing for the line and push forth a little when I crossed, breaking the paper that was held above the line. I won! I can't believe I did it! I shook hands with the second place junior and walked over to Ponyboy.

"I knew you could do it!" He exclaimed.
"You're the reason why it was possible, if it weren't for your support, I probably wouldn't have had the confidence," I smiled and kissed him on the lips, even though I was still out of breath.

I left Pony to go get my medal. On my way over, I looked back to see Pony smiling at me. After I grabbed it and came back, Ponyboy walked up to me and took a bear that was holding some flowers out from behind his back.

"These are for you, my champion," he smiled. Then he took out a little stuffed bear, "it would be unbearable if you didn't go to homecoming with me," he winked.
"I'd love to!" I blushed and took the flowers. They were so beautiful, and they were my favorite color.

Before I met Ponyboy, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. I just realized this today, because I was smiling like I've never had before.