Chapter 4

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. It smelt so good.

I lifted myself off the bed and dragged my feet on the floor over to the mirror. I looked horrible. Makeup covered different spots on my face and my hair was like a rats nest. I guess that's what I get for not taking my makeup off or putting my hair up.

I grabbed my brush and makeup remover from my bag and began the process. I didn't feel like taking a shower and I felt awkward asking if I could so I could just wait.

After I finished, I grabbed a white tank top from my bag and some blue skinny jeans and threw them  on. I slipped on my black and white zebra striped hoodie and my plain old converse.

I dug through my bag and found my straightener and plugged it in to the wall socket. As I waited for it to heat up, I turned my phone on. Two missed calls and two texts from Tyler, one message from Dria, and one missed call and one message from Cody. Wasn't really surprised that Evan wasn't there. He was never the one to show much care about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he never asked how my trip was going.

I texted them all back with the same message.

Sorry, I was sleeping. Everything is going fine. Can't call because I'm going to spend some time with the family. Text or call later. Bye. :) -Stage.

No one replied right away so I was guessing they were all passed out from some party last night on the tour bus. The fun times we have on that thing. I laughed to myself at the thought.

I saw the straightener was ready and pulled it through different strands of my hair.

_____

After getting ready, I headed downstairs to see what my family was up to. I wonder if it would be like old times. We all go to the store on the weekend and go pick up a meal we would all like to share together. I wonder if they still even did that?

When I got downstairs, there were no eggs or bacon. My mom seemed to be doing the dishes and my father sat watching TV. My sister, Brenda, was playing with some Polly Pockets on the floor. A bowl of apple slices was next to her and she would stuff her face with apples then continue on her game with the dolls.

"Oh you're up!" My mom said, coming over to me and hugging me. Her hands were still wet as she placed them on my back. As much as I hated the getting wet part, I didn't want to tell her to stop.

She stepped back and smiled at me. "Your style hasn't changed much. Well we wanted to know if you would like to go to town today? Your father made some extra spending money and you could see everyone and all the changes?"

"I would love to." I smiled as a reply.

My little sister soon realized I was up and tossed her dolls to the side. She ran over to me and wrapped her little arms around me the best she could.

"Yay! Tissy!" She jumped and yelled. I just silently laughed at her being so adorable.

_____

We all got in to my dad's old truck and headed in to town. I still knew the way there since I used to go there all the time with friends. Then my memories consumed my head as we passed the old park. All I could think about was Jake...

"Why do you love me?" I asked Jake as we laid on the grass staring at the clouds. The breeze smelt of fresh flowers and pine from pine trees.

"Why do you even have to ask that?" He propped himself up on his shoulder so he could look at me in the eye.

"I don't know. Just answer the question." I kind of already knew the answer but I guess I wanted to hear him say it.

"Well your the smartest girl I know and your voice is just amazing. When you sing, I think I'm hearing an angel. I love your ability to turn anything bad in to something good. You smile at life even when there isn't much good to smile about. I think your lips are my favorite feature. I can do alot with them." He laughed and so did I. "I think the thing I love the most is that you can do anything you want and not care to be judged or mocked. You keep on going and don't let anyone tell you what to do." He smiled and I leaned up and kissed him.