Chapter 19

"Two please." Jake told the ice cream vendor. He handed him the money and the vendor handed him 2 ice creams. He turned around and smiled as he handed me my vanilla cone.

"Thank you." I said grinning and went on to licking my ice cream. It was a warm day so this was amazing.

"I spoil you, y'know." Jake said as he licked his ice cream.

"Oh please. Ice cream and walking around the neighborhood is not spoiling." I laughed. "You lie."

"Shut up and just enjoy your ice cream." He said and I laughed.

We walked around and talked for awhile. The weather began to cool down and Jake gave me his hoodie. I was still wearing shorts so I was still a bit cold but I was not going home and wasting this perfect day.

"So how's it like touring? Everything you ever dreamed of?" Jake asked randomly. He was always bringing up my career. I didn't think he'd want to talk about that honestly, but I was always more than happy to answer anything.

"It's actually not." I shook my head. "I mean I'm with my friends but I never get to see my family or stay in one place for too long. I love going to new places but it's so hard moving so much. People always expect being famous and touring is easy but you miss out on so many things."

"Like what?" He asked. He even cocked his head to the side which made me smile. He was so adorable.

"Well mainly just family times" I said. "and meeting old friends." I looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and pecked me on the lips. I might keep saying thing but oh my gosh, I am glad we are back together.

We walked in a silence for a couple seconds till Jake broke it. "I didn't want to bring this up before but It just keeps coming back into my mind..." He trailed off.

"What is it?"

"What do we do when you have to leave?" He swallowed hard at the end of the question. I looked down at the ground. I had no fucking clue.

"I-I don't know..." I trailed off. "What are we going to do..."

"No matter what, I want to make this work. I don't care what I have to do, I'll do it." He said taking my hand into his. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled but it faded quickly. Thoughts racked in my brain. What was I going to do? I didn't want to leave Jake behind and even if I did, how would it work? I guess the whole long distance thing but I still haven't even told Evan and Dria... how would they react to stopping here so much just so I could visit the boy they hate. Why did everything have to be so complicated? Why couldn't we all just be friends again, like old times. I sighed. "I have about a month left as it is. I guess we start planning. I still need to tell Dria and Evan. I also am still doing that acoustic show at Detrix."

"Yeah.." His voice seemed hurt. Why did I even bring up how much time we had left? And planning? Planning to leave him is probably what was going through his mind. I need to really think before I start talking.

"Please don't be sad Jake." I said stopping and turning to him. "We'll make this work no matter what. I won't leave and forget about you. I never could before, I don't think I would ever be able to now even if I tried."

He smiled. "I'll be happy." He kissed me. "For you, I can be happy."

He puled me close to him and kissed me with a passion. There was just a passion there that I never had with anyone else. This is how I knew he was the one. The one I loved and wanted to be with for the rest of my life.

_____

After about an hour later, we returned home and Cody was cooking something on the stove. He smiled when we both came through the door.