Chapter 8

Waking up in my bed would of been nice but instead I woke up on the floor. I took a shower last night when I got home and just curled up on the floor. Don't ask why. I would usually always do that after a concert on our tour bus floor.

I got up and stretched. I felt like a cat, waking up off the floor and stretching my whole body out.

I walked to the mirror and it was surprising to see my face clean. After all the mud and rain water I went through last night, it was a blessing I even got clean.

I through on my Paramore sweater and slipped in to a pair pajama jeans. I managed to pull a brush through my hair and straighten it. I also jut put a thin line of eye liner on and some mascara, skipping the blush and letting my freckles show.

I looked at my clock on  my phone and my mouth dropped open. Two a'clock! Why did I sleep so late!

I ran downstairs and no one was home. I walked over to the counter and read the latest excuse note.

Sorry Stage. Dad had to go to work and I have to help out at Brenda's school. I was going to ask you to come along but you were still sleeping and you didn't get back till late last night. I thought you could use the sleep. XOXOXO

I haven't got to spend time with anyone really except Brenda! Everyone has to work or do something around here. Ugh.

I dragged my bare feet on the wood over to the fridge. I was super hungry for something hot and delicious.

I opened the fridge and my eyes rummages though the choices of left overs and other things. Nothng really fit my taste. Wait, I got it!

I went over to the cabinet and pulled open the wooden doors. All the food was exposed to my eyes but i only wanted one thing and guess what? They had it, RAMEN!

I grabbed the nearest pack and a bowl. I put the ramen in the bowl and filled it with water. I carried the bowl over to the microwave and set it inside. I put the timer on for five minutes and sat there as the bowl spun around.

A heard a knock on the door and I hopped over to see who it was. As soon as I opened the door, I smiled and almost wanted to scream. It was Cody!

"CODY!" I yelled his name and wrapped my arms around him. I smiled at him and returned the warm gesture. I had missed him so much. "What are you doing here!?" I questioned him.

"Dria said you were having some issues here and I decided to come see if you were okay. I also had nothing better to do there and I missed you!" He said and he couldn't stop smiling. That was always a cute habit he had. He could never stop smiling unless he was mad or hurt.

"Thank you." I said smiling and I heard the ding of the microwave. "You can come in I was just making ramen noodles." He grabbed his bags and walked in to the house.

"Hasn't changed a bit." He said laughing.

"I know right." I joined in on laughing to.

"So tell me everything! I wanna know!" He said in a excited tone and he droped his bags to the floor and sat on the couch. I just laughed.

"Let me get my ramen and I will proceed with story telling." I agreed and started off to get my ramen. This was going to be interesting.

_____

"... then I walked home, took a shower, and fell asleep." I finished. Cody was paying attenion the whole time, giving me so much focus. He was a good listener.

"Sounds like you need to probably just stay away..." I knew he was say that.

"If I stay away, how will this ever get any better? It's worse then when I left before." I know Jake said to leave him alone but look where that got us before. I left him alone for four years and when I come back, he lays a bunch of shit on me. I didn't want this to happen again if I ever ending up visiting. Plus, he was angry when he said that. How do I know he meant it?

"Do you remember the first guy I dated?" He began talking and I didn't know where he was going with this.

"Benny, right?" He nodded.

"Well I was so nervous that I would call him all the time and I just wanted this to last forever because you don't meet many gay guys who are willing to do the whole long distance shit." He laughed and began talking again. "Anyway, Benny got so mad when I called him seven times in an hour, that he broke up with me."

"You are telling me this why?" I asked in confusion.

"Let me finish. I wanted to call him and tell him I was sorry but the minute I was about the press send, Dria stopped me. She said "Listen. If you keep going at something, it isn't always going to work. You need to give things time to work.". I took her advice and Benny ended up calling me the fourth day after our break up. He told me he didn't mean to break up, he was just upset about me calling so much and I was honest and told him he was my first and he understood. We were both calm because we gave things time and now we are dating still today and happy." He finished with his story and it took a minute for things to click in.

"So if I give things time, Jake will call me?" I questioned.

"Sort of. I bet he is thinking about this right now and will eventually want say he regrets what he said or say sorry. He probably just needs time and if he doesn't answer, he hasn't learned from last time. Things work themselves out but patience is the key." He was so freaking smart.

"Why are you so smart?" I questioned him laughing.

"I was born this way." He laughed and I pulled him in to a hug. I needed this. A friend.

_____

Hours had passed and my mother came in on me laying my head on Cody's lap as we watched TV. I jumped up to greet her.

"Hi mom. This is Cody." I gestured over to Cody over on the couch. He waved and smiled at my mother.

"Oh Cody!" She shouted. I soon remembered that Cody use to come over all the time when I use to live here. They knew each other.

"Hey Miss Taylor." Cody said jumping up and giving my mom a hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever! You have grown so much!" My mother shouted in excitement.

Brenda came from behind my mother and wrapped her arms around Cody. She must of remembered him.

_____

After we had dinner, Cody and I went to the guest room.

"You can just set your bags over there." I pointed to the closet. "Do you want to just share the bed with me?" I asked.

"That would be great." He smiled.

I changed in to some PJ pants and got underneath the covers. Cody joined me.

"Thanks for coming." I smiled at him and nuzzled my face in to his chest. This may have seemed weird for many but Cody and me were just friends. He was that kind of friend that was comforting and didn't care if you were close on him. He was cool like that.

"No problem. I missed you too much anyway. You should hear Evan. You are seriously all he talks about. Dria too." He laughed and pulled his hand through my hair and played with it.

"Evan? I wouldn't have guessed." I laughed as well.

"He may act like a tough cookie but he isn't. He cares about you as much as we all do." Cody said as he continued to play with my hair. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"I love you guys to." I whispered.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Note: I finally got to upload! :D It is short but I think it is soooo adorable! I will write more next time, promise! Let me know what you think??? The song for the chapter is Beside You by Mariaanas Trench! Listen to them, they are very good :3 I also put another picture of Cody up because last I bunched all Stage's friends together. Vote, Comment, or Fan! XD