Chapter 20

A couple days had passed since I had a talk with Cody about his sleeping issue. He says he's fine when everything just seems like its getting worse. I really just wish he would except he isn't a burden to me and let  me take care of him. Jake was even trying to hint to Cody that it would be okay if I slept with him but Cody hasn't even said anything! I'm really getting worried.

"Hey baby." Jake said as he put his arms around my neck and pulled his head lower to kiss my cheek. I looked up and kissed him on his lips. We both looked at each other and smiled.

Jake got up and came to sit next to me on the couch. "So where's Cody?" Jake asked curiously as he looked around.

I sighed. "He thinks if he tires himself out a bit more then he can sleep better. I honestly don't know how much longer I can go with staying out of it. He has bags under his eyes and closes his eyes every 10 seconds." I felt so guilty. Was I even being a good friend by staying out of all of this? He said he didn't need me but I know he does. "What do I do?" I groaned.

Jake put his arm around me. "Be honest. Tell him you don't feel right about sitting out of this because y'know he's only getting worse. You need to let him know  you are worried about him."

"He won't listen to me. He thinks he's a burden on you and I because he stays here." I sighed again. "Why won't he let me help him!"

"You could always drug him?" Jake smirked. "We still have those pills and we could slip them in hi-" I cut him off.

"What!? I am not drugging him so he can sleep! Are you crazy?" I said laughing. "That is wrong on so many levels and just evil!"

Jake laughed. "I was just kidding!"

"You better be." I said with a smile. Jake could always boost my mood it seemed like. Tyler never even really cared, he would usually let me work it out on my own. Why am I even thinking about Tyler? He's history and a douche. I don't need him or any memories of him.

"So I was thinking... maybe just you and I could go out to a nice dinner together? We could go to that really nice place down the street and you can  order anything you want." He smiled. "We could get dressed u-"

The sound of my phone ringing caused Jake to stop. I picked up my phone and flipped it open. "Hello?" I said into it.

"Hello, is this Stage?" A women asked on the other line.

"Sure is, who's this?" I questioned back.

"This is St. Luke's Hospital. We have your friend, Cody, here. He was seen walking into a street when a car was coming. The car hit him and he is unconscious. This number was on his medical files as family." The lady said calmly.

Tears began to form in my eyes and I stood up. "I need to come see him, is that aloud?"

"Yes, yes. Just come and ask for his room number dear. We've contacted all his other contacts marked down already. Visiting is only aloud till 8 though." I looked at the clock and it was 5.

"Okay, thank you." I hung up and began to cry as I quickly grabbed my purse.

Jake followed me asking me what was wrong. I was silent and got in the car. Jake followed and I let him. I started to pull out of the drive way and headed to the hospital.

"Tell me what happened, Stage? Who was on the phone?" Jake kept questioning,

We hit a red light and that's when I really began to cry. "Cody is in the hospital!" I practically yelled. "It's all my fault!" The green light flicked on and I pressed the gas pettle.

"Stage, calm down. It can't be your fault. What exactly happened?" Jake said all at once. I could tell he was a little panicked too.

"I can't calm down, it is my fault, and he got hit by a car!" I yelled. I couldn't stop yelling. I don't know why I was mad, probably at myself.