capture the flag

Hey guys! here's an extra little chapter!

I'm totally gonna update on monday, so don't worry! ily all and don't forget to vote on this one! if it gets 25 votes, I'll update tomorrow and monday! (thats four days of chapters IN A ROW!)

We're at the LeBlancs with Annie and Hayley, waiting for everybody to show up. Soon there's a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" Says Caleb and he runs to the door. A few seconds later, Brennan, Liv, Katie, Brody, Ryan, and Wyatt follow him into the kitchen.

"EBONY!!!!" Both Liv and Katie scream. I jump up and give them hugs.

"Oh my God I missed you!" Screams Katie.

"HOW WAS RUSSIA?" Asks Liv.

"It was incredible!" I say.

"How's my favorite European girl who left us to go back to Europe?" Asks Brennan, his arms spread for a hug. I throw my arms around him.

"I'm great!" I say. "How are you?"

"Good as usual," says Brennan. I smile at him and he mouths good looking, and smirks. I punch his arm and he laughs.

"Shut up," I say to him, but I'm still laughing.

"Shut up," he mocks me in a high pitched British accent. I glare at him, but a smile is still plastered on my face.

"HEY EBBY!" Says Wyatt. Brody and Ryan come and hug me as well. I give Miss Jill and Miss Jen hugs as well.

"So what do you kids wanna do?" Asks Billy. Everybody murmurs and looks at each other, trying to decide. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Annie running. I look up and she's climbed on top of the couch. She grins down at everybody, who's attention is now fixed on her.

"LET'S PLAY... " She pumps her fist in the air, "CAPTURE THE FLAG!"

Everybody nods and agrees with her idea.

~

Once all the kids are settled outside, the flags are chosen. We find two siky square cloths and use those. Then teams are chosen. Brennan and Caleb are the team captains. "I call picking first!" Says Brennan, Caleb nods. "I choose.... Ebony." I step toward him. Caleb has a sad and confused look on his face, but snaps out of it.

"Liv," he says.

"Annie," Brennan says.

"Brody," says Caleb.

"Katie," Brennan says, wincing that he needs to be on his sister's team.

"Hayley," says Caleb.

"Ryan," says Brennan.

"Wyatt," says Caleb.

"Okay, we have the half with the dock and you guys have the other half of the yard, follow me team!" Says Brennan.

"Choose your team name!" Says Caleb, "then we'll hide the flags." Annie, Katie, Ryan and I follow behind Brennan to behind a tree and we whisper shout about what our team name should be.

"So the teams are basically the Donnellys and the Richardsons?" I ask.

"Plus you and I for the Donnelly team, and Caleb and Hayley for the Richardson team!" Exclaims Annie.

"So this team is also known as The Three Donnellys, a LeBlanc, and a Shields?" Asks Ryan.

"NO! We need a cooler team name than that!"

"How about the Coral Girls?" Offers Annie.

"NO!" Exclaim Brennan, Ryan and I.

"Because we aren't Coral Girls! It would be different if I were Peanut and they were Moo and Arden," I explain.

"True, true," says Katie.

"HOW ABOUT THE PANTHERS?" Offers Ryan.

"How about no?" Asks Annie.

"GUYS! How about the Coral Panthers?"

"YES!" Everybody says.

"Okay!" Says Brennan.

We just hid our flag, tying it on a hook under the dock that leads out to the river. Perfect, they'll never find it there. We meet in the center and Caleb counts to three, now the game has begun. Ryan begins by running straight into team LIV-CAE-BRO-WY-HAY, (Caleb's team.)'s territory. I think their team name is a combination of all their names, but when you say it, it honestly sounds like somebody sneezing. I was told to be on defense, and Ryan who was also supposed to be on defense, is in jail so I'm alone. I don't know why Ryan forgot he was supposed to be on defense, but I guess he did because he ran straight onto the other side, getting out immediately. Now either Brennan, Katie, or Annie needs to get him out or I'll be alone defending our flag, and that will not go well once they find out where the silky glimmering cloth is. I look up to the setting sun. It's dusk. Liv comes running toward me, trying to find the flag I sprint toward her but she runs over her boundary as fast as she can and I can't catch her. This happens a few times. I look to Brennan and see him, Annie, and Katie conferring about something. All of a sudden, the all burst out and separate to the other side, Annie is going to free Ryan, and Katie and Brennan are gonna distract their team. But Caleb and Brody see what's going on and sprint to our side to find the flag. I go after Caleb, and try to impede his way. He ducks out of the way and keeps going. Brody shouts to Caleb when he sees the flag.

"No!" I scream at them playfully, and I run over to the dock where they are to try to tag them. I run down the hill to below the dock and run toward them to tag them. I might actually get to them, because they're having trouble untying the knot we tied. I'm about to tag them and Caleb throws his arm out so I can't get to them. It comes toward my head, because I'm so much shorter than him, when he puts his arm up it's at my cheek area. I scream and try to duck out of the way but I'm too late. It collides with my face and I lose my balance, which is off because we're standing on a hill and I fall over, hitting the side of my head on the wooden pole that holds the deck up. It doesn't really hurt, it just stings a little on the side of my head, and I suddenly feel kinda nauseous.

"Oh shit!" Says Caleb. I read up to my face and push my glasses to my face, because they became slightly ascue when I fell. He drops to my side on his knees. "I'm so sorry Ebony! Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I murmur. He takes my hand and helps me sit up.

"She's bleeding!" Says Brody.

"Huh?" I gingerly lift my hand to the side of my head that stings. I look at my fingers. Yup, that's blood. I gasp and m heard begins racing.

"Um, Brody go tell the others... And keep playing. I'll bring Eb up to the house."

"No, no I'm fine!" I insist, trying to force an assuring smile.

"No you aren't fine. You're bleeding," says Caleb, picking me up. He carries me with one hand under my legs and the other on my back up to the house.

"Ebony, I'm really sorry. I'm so clumsy," he apologises.

"Well you're not as clumsy as I am," I say. "And it's fine, don't worry 'bout it."

"I can't believe I just hit you and made you fall and bleed."

"Yeah, I mean when I'm clumsy I mostly only hurt myself, but you... You're dangerous to other people!" I say laughing. He smirks and I kiss him on the cheek. We get to the door and we go inside. Caleb explains what happened and everybody, including me, laughs. We clean out the cut, which is just a small one inch line that got hurt. Billy explains that part of your head bleeds a lot when you hurt it. Wyatt comes inside because he's tired. I drink some water and I'm fine to keep playing outside. Dinner will be in an hour.

"We still love you Bubba, just try not to hit your girlfriend next time," says Katie as Caleb and I are walking out the door. He blushes and I giggle. 

make sure to vote on this, 25 votes = a chapter tommorow