broken part II

(this continues straight from broken part I so I gave ya'll some catch up from last chapter in bold,  but if you totally forgot whats going on, and i'm not judging you if you do, ebony was in a car accident with her friend leila and her friend leila's mom and is basically having a mental break down, but there is no physical harm what so ever)

OH YEAH, AND 70 VOTES (I KNOW ITS A LOT) = EXTRA CHAPTER THIS WEEK

"Do you know her?" One of the medics asks.

"Yes," Leila says, trying to catch her breath. "I was in the accident with her, she's my best friend." Her Mum comes up behind us, they are both fine and uninjured.

"Okay," says the medic, "can you answer a few questions about who she is? We don't know if she hit her head and has a concussion or other head trauma."

"Sure, of course," says Leila. My heart's still racing like mad, but I know I didn't hit my head. My brain has just... Frozen. I want to go home, and see Caleb. The dramatic cycle of terrifying lights flashing in my eyes and the screech of times is branded in my mind. The medic begins asking Leila questions. What's her name? Where does she live? Does she have parents? My parents are called, but it's a pretty long drive, and they're both at work, anyway. I don't know if either of them picked up their phone. Somebody gets me water that I accept, I take a few sips, gripping the sides of the plastic up as hard as I can. My head is still pounding. It feels like I'm falling off a cliff, my stomach keeps flipping, making me nauseous. This is the feeling I have before I faint, but it's only ever lasted a few seconds. This feels like an eternity.

"Do you know information about her mental health? Is she stable? Did anything happen today that could have triggered something?" The medic asks Leila.

"She's mentally stable..." She says, "oh wait! She has these panic attacks... She had one earlier today, actually."

"Panic attacks?" He asks.

"Yes," she responds. He turns to the other medics and they begin circling around me, all three of them scribbling madly on paper and comparing notes. I hate how they look at me, like I'm a science exhibit to observe. A part of me knows they're doing their job but I want to be left alone. A few minutes later they report back to the head medic.

"Thank you very much, Leila. Your friend is safe, she's just in shock of the accident. There was no physical harm, she just needs rest. That's all. We will drive her home, would you like to come?" The head medic says.

"Mom, can I go?" Says Leila, wiping tears from her eyes. Her mum's lips form a tight line, and she says something very softly in Japanese. I can tell it's a no. Leila's face falls, and she gives me a hug.

"Stay strong, Ebby. You're so brave." She whispers, wrapping her arms around me.

I get in the police car and the police officers get my address, then try to reach Mum and Dad a few times before Leila gives them the LeBlanc's phone number. I want Caleb to know I'm not in danger, but he'll worry anyway. The officer hangs up and tells me I'm going to my neighbor's house. All I can do is nod. My head's still spinning, and continues the whole ride home.

The officer assists me to the front door where he rings the doorbell. It hasn't been five seconds before the door flings open and Caleb appears, his face tear stained and blotchy. I've never been so happy to see anybody in my entire life, but at the same time I think I could faint any minute. "Ebony," he says softly. The officer helps me step up into the house and Katie comes to the door, giving me a hug and then stepping out to talk to the police. Caleb picks me up almost automatically and we go down to his room. I'm still unable to speak, and I'm still having a panic attack. My breathing is very fast and I'm hyperventilating. He sits me down on one of his bean bags and sits in front of me. He reaches out and gently fixes my glasses which have become a bit askew.

"Match your breathing to mine, slow and deep," he says. I nod. We inhale and exhale a few times, but my breathing hitches and I begin coughing, and with that I begin crying because I'm angry and scared. I was pushing what happened out of my mind and now it keeps replaying itself. My mind is absolutely broken. I am broken.

"Shh, shh, it's gonna be okay, Eb." Caleb says, he pulls me into his arms and I bury my head into his shoulder, inhaling his scent. "Everything's gonna be fine, I love you," he says softly. We lay in silence for a few minutes before I sit up and Caleb wipes my tears with his thumb. I concentrate on taking a few deep breaths before I speak.

"It reminded me of the accident from 5th year," I say, thinking back to the time my family and I were driving home and a car collided with my car door.

"You're safe now, Eb," he says.

"I'm sorry for crying it's just-"

"Don't apologise, Ebony." Caleb says, wrapping his arms around me. I feel safe.

"Hold on forever," I whisper, he hugs me tighter.

70 VOTES (I KNOW ITS A LOT) = EXTRA CHAPTER THIS WEEK (PROBABLY WEDNESDAYY!) ily all x-e