trust regained

Before I know what I'm doing, I grab my Piglet bathrobe and wrap it tight around my pajama shorts and tee-shirt. I run downstairs to the kitchen and slide open the glass door that leads to the porch. I step out into the rain and shiver, tears are still pouring down my face. Stupid drunken mistake. Then I pull my automatically drenched bathrobe around me and run at top speed to the LeBlanc's house. Stupid drunken mistake. In their yard I skid on some mud and fall over, smearing one side of me, even my face, with mud. But I'm not hurt and I just keep running.

Once I get to the LeBlanc's porch, I fling open the glass door without thinking. I stand in the doorway in shock that I just opened it without knocking for a few seconds, but then thunder claps and I jump. I run into the house and force the door shut, my eyes streaming with tears. There's nobody in the living room or kitchen so I run straight to the basement, to Caleb's room. It's silent as I run down the stairs and something tells me he's asleep. I slowly open his door and see he's up in his loft bed. As slowly as I can, I climb up the ladder and I see him. He's asleep. There are tissues scattering the bed and just by looking at him sleeping I can tell he's pretty sick. But he still looks perfect. I crawl under the covers beside him.

He moves a little bit, "bubba?" I say.

"Eb?" He says, he sounds really sick and tired.

"Caleb," I sob into the blanket, he looks at me. I'm sopping wet and sobbing. He's probably very alarmed.

"Eb, what's wrong?" He asks, his brown eyes wide with concern.

"W-well M-Mum had an affair... And Dad just found out and-" I break, and begin sobbing again. "And IT'S ALL MY FAULT!"

"Oh Eb," Caleb says sadly, then begins to cough.

"I'M SO SORRY!" I say, still sobbing.

"Awe, bubs, why on earth are you sorry?" he asks once he's done coughing. He sounds really sick and congested.

"I- I- I'm sorry I came to your house when you're sick and I'm sorry for crying all over your bed and I'm sorry for getting snot all over you and getting you all wet from the rain and waking you up and- I'm just sorry, Caleb. I should leave." As I'm beginning to get up her grabs my hand.

"Don't go, Ebony." I let him pull me beside him again.

"It's just been a rough day," I say as he wipes a tear from my cheek.

"I know, I know," he whispers in my ear. He pulls me close to him and tucks the blanket around me.

"Hold on forever," I whisper.

"Of course," he says softly.

~

When we wake up I explain everything to him. Caleb gets up and we explain what happened to Katie and Billy. I say good morning to Annie and Hayley who are surprised to see me, but excited. Katie goes to my house with me and Mum breaks the heart wrenching news: Dad left her.

She's sobbing at the kitchen table, clutching her stomach where the baby is. Katie and I walk in and she begins crying even harder. "Oh, Ebby! I'm so sorry! I'm the worst mum ever." She sobs into my shoulder, "you might have not been on purpose, but I love you very, very much. You were a blessing to my life, Ebby. I'm just so sorry you were brought to life by me being an idiot and... Cheating on your father. He's gone away, I don't know when or if he;s coming back, Ebby. He's so stupid for saying you aren't his daughter. You are the best, most amazing daughter ever. You're a great big sister to Joey, and I know you'll be the best big sister ever to this baby," Mum says, wiping her eyes.

"Mum," I say, and throw my arms around her. Katie joins us and we all hug together.

"Joey's coming home today, I don't know what we're going to tell him." Mum sobs.

"It will be okay, Laura," Katie says to Mum, stroking her hair.

"I think he's gone back to England," says Mum.

"Well it's not like Dad could take Joey to England with him," I say, trying to reassure Mum. She nods, still sobbing.

"I'm the worst Mum ever, now Joey won't get to see his dad, and the baby will never grow up to see his dad either." She says.

"Listen to me Laura," says Katie. "You are a strong, smart, working woman. We all mess up sometimes, and some mistakes are bigger than others. You made a big mistake, but you still need to live life, okay? You still need to work. You still need to get up every morning and get food for your kids, and take care of yourself and the little baby on the way." She hugs Mum and gets her a wet paper towel to dry her tears.

"I love you guys," Mum says.

"We love you, Mum," I say.

"It will all work out in the end," whispers Katie.

okay guys, i have a rly important question: 

so you know how i'm doing a brand new book with new characters? do you guys want some of the secondary characters to be the same in the two books? like kenzie/connor/alex/kurt etc??? or do you want a totally different book? I'll do what you guys think would be best!! xx-e