traumatic news

I can't settle down after hearing the incredible news that I'm going to get a baby sibling. Caleb and I lay in our bed in the guest bedroom of Zoey's house, holding hands and staring at the ceiling. Caleb takes me and pulls me closer to him by my waist and kisses me lightly on the cheek. I lay my head on his chest and try to help my mind settle by thinking about everything that happened tonight.

The R5 concert, the panic attack, Zoe Sugg and Louise Pentland helping me... And the news from Mum on the phone that she's pregnant. We have two days left in England and I'm honestly looking forward to venturing into town with Caleb. I think he's having a great time. I put my arm around him and he rubs my back.

"Today was crazy," I whisper.

"Today was a life changing day," he whispers back. I giggle.

"It's late, we should sleep," I say. It's 1:30am, but my mind is still buzzing. But I know we need to sleep.

"True, we want enough energy for a fun filled day tomorrow," he whispers. We begin feeling drowsy and I'm about to drift off to sleep when we hear loud running footsteps bound up the stairs. The door swings open and a dim light flicks on. I squint and Caleb and I prop our heads up on our hands, looking up.

Zoey's mum, Kim, is standing in the doorway. Her entire demeanor screams panicked. "There's been an accident," she says.

"What?" Caleb and I both say at the same time.

"Annie's heart has been having abnormal patterns, she's in the hospital and Katie wants you guys to come home tonight." She says softly.

My heart begins racing and I look to Caleb. His mouth is hanging open and his eyes look terrified. "Annie..." he stammers, and then puts his face in his hands. "Oh god," he whispers into his palms. I put an arm around him and try to stay strong for him.

Kim, who's still standing in the doorway, looks sadly at us. "Err, could you pack up your belongings? We'll go to the airport to book tickets to Maryland for as soon as possible." She gives Caleb and I a long, sad glance and leaves the room, probably to wake Joey, Andy, and Zoey.

Caleb is shaking and rocking back and forth with his knees pulled up to his chest and his face buried in his hands. "Annie..." He manages to say again.

"Shhh Bubs," I say soothingly, kissing his head.

"Sh-she might have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy," he stammers. "What will we d-do? We can't lose her."

"Caleb Logan, look at me," I say softly. He looks up and his teary brown eyes meet mine. "We are going to get on an airplane home, we're going to go to the hospital, and we're going to see Annie." I tell him, rubbing his back.

"What if we're too late? What do we do now?"

"We will wait, we will worry, and we will pray." I say, kissing his cheek. He sobs again.

I get up and pack all our stuff into our suitcases. Then I go to the bathroom and get a warm washcloth. I sit on the bed beside Caleb and wipe the tears off his face. "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," he whispers back. He's still crying a bit, and shaking. I'm fighting back tears but my mind is broken and my world feels like it's falling apart. I can't even begin to imagine what things would be like without Annie. I don't want to. Joey is sobbing, I don't know if it's because we need to leave England early or Annie, but I think it's a mix of both. Everything is just so emotionally exhausting. The car ride to the airport is long and sad. Everybody in the car is crying. Zoey is hugging Andy and Andy is hugging Joey. Caleb is silently sobbing into my shoulder and when we pass streetlights I see Kim's eyes are shimmering with tears as well.

Once we arrive all the kids sit on a bench while Kim goes to get us tickets. She comes back holding three. "Fortunately, there's a flight going to Maryland in an hour and it wasn't full. We're sad to see you guys go early but you will be in our prayers."

We thank them and the goodbye is just as painful. Even Zoey gives me a hug goodbye.

"Stay strong, Ebony," she whispers in my ear. I smile sadly at her and she smiles back. Joey and Andy are both sobbing and holding onto each other. It breaks my heart he needs to leave England early when this whole trip was about him being able to see his best friend again.

We board the plane and we sit three in a row. I'm in the middle. We're all crying. I can't stop thinking about Annie. Poor little Annie. Caleb puts his head on my lap and I feel his tears on my legs. I don't mind, I just keep stroking his hair. Joey falls asleep very quickly, his head on my shoulder. Soon enough I'm asleep and then the flight goes by quick.

We arrive in Maryland well rested, but still mentally and emotionally exhausted. We are worried beyond belief about Annie. A taxi picks us up and drives us home. It's 1:00 in the morning in Maryland. Nobody is home at the LeBlanc house, but Mum is home. She smiles and hugs us, but she looks exhausted. I'll bet she's been at the hospital all night.

"Any news?" We ask.

"The doctors don't know what it is, the tests have been going on all day. She went to gym in the morning and then when she came home she felt very gross and light headed, then she fell on the ground and became unconscious for a few seconds. When she woke up her heart began abnormal patterns and we took her to the clinic. They said they wanted to do tests because they know about the history of heart disease in your guy's family." Mum explains, holding Caleb tight to her. He's sobbing again and I kiss his cheek. Joey is still very upset even though he is very oblivious to what's happening. He's hugging me and crying.

"C-can we see her?" Asks Caleb. Mum nods and pulls him closer to her.

"Of course, baby," she says. We get in the car and go to the hospital.

We check in and quickly walk to the ICU. Mum finds the nurse who had been helping them and we walk through a hallway. Then we see Katie, she looks awful and exhausted. Her face brightens up when she sees us and she pulls us all into a huge hug.

"Oh, I missed you all so much," she says, smiling.

"Any news Mom?" Asks Caleb. "Can we see her?"

Katie's face quickly changes back to upset, "we found out what's wrong and it will devastate Annie."

UHOOHH...

 65 votes = extra chapter this weekend!!!