back to england?

hey guys! make sure to vote on this chapter! i'll update on friday if this gets 25 votes!

ily all! x-e

I walk into the kitchen and find Joey grinning, but Mum and Dad both looking uneasy.

"Hey Ebby, we have something to tell you," says Mum.

"Yeah?" I ask, sitting at the island and helping myself to a banana.

"We're going back to England."

"What?!" I ask, alarmed. Does she mean we're moving back? Oh my God. No. This can't be happening.

"Oh sweetie! We aren't moving, back! We're just going for a week!" Says Mum, putting a hand on my back. I relax in relief. I really thought we were moving back to England for a second.

"Thank God!" I say, putting a hand on my heart. Dad chuckles.

"You, Joey, and I are gonna be staying at Andy's house in two weeks. Dad can't come because he has to shoot important photos for a cover and a spread of Vogue that day." Mum explains. I nod as I take in the information and then stop. ANDY'S HOUSE?! Andy is Zoey's younger brother. When I was going to public school in England, Zoey bullied me about having a panic attack in art class this one time, along with her mates, Ella and Eden. They teased me to the point that I stopped going to the school because of their constant harassment. I never really had any friends in England. That's why I was super happy when we moved to America last year. I met Caleb, Annie, and Hayley and then from there I only made more friends. But Zoey was awful. She would call me unforgivable names and mock the things I did with her friends. It got so bad I didn't even want to see her, and leaving the house and walking around Brighton would be too big of a chance to run into her, so I just didn't go anywhere.

"Mum... You know I'm not friends with Zoey."

"I know, but who knows, Eb? People change! And I'm really thankful for Kim and Rob to let us stay at their house." (Kim and Rob are Zoey and Andy's parents.)

"And I get to see Andy again!" Says Joey, grinning from ear to ear still.

"Yeah, I'm glad you get to see Andy, Owen and Oliver but those are your friends. I don't have any friends in England." I say to him, he looks at the ceiling thoughtfully for a second.

"You can play with us!" He says, I smile appreciatively at him, but I'm still not very happy about the whole idea of needing to go back. I run to my room and immediately turn on my laptop to FaceTime Caleb. We talk for hours, he assures me everything will be okay. But at the same time I can tell he understands how scary this is for me. Soon it becomes too late and we need to hang up to go to sleep, because we have the advanced biology class at Adams Memorial School tommorow because the homeschool program doesn't cover that part so we need to take the summer program. It's three half day classes, and Katie says the school seems really nice.

~

Mum wakes me up at 8:00, because Katie's driving Caleb and I to Adams Memorial at 8:30. I wash my face and get dressed in khakis and a white blouse, because the school has a uniform. Caleb and I obviously won't be wearing the official school uniform for the three days we're there, but we were asked to wear khakis and a button down shirt. I wear my black flats and straighten my hair, and put on just a bit of makeup so I don't look to fancy. I put on my glasses because I'm not in the mood to deal with contacts all day. Then I go downstairs and Mum has waffles already made. Caleb, Annie, Hayley, and Joey are sitting at the island. I say goodmorning to them and sit next to Annie as we eat our waffles. Then Caleb and I are out the door.

"You look cute," he says, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"You too, khakis suit you," I tell him. He kisses my nose.