Chapter 21

Miranda's pov

We go to pick up Sierra and Rachel at the train station. His parents and Kasi are gonna be up in a few more days later since Kasi had a softball game. I hug both girls and Jason gets their bags and puts them in Tom's truck. "So Mr. Big star how's it coming?" "Well I've been playing in bars and clubs but so far nothin' yet. I'm just so thankful for Tom letting us stay at his place. Otherwise we'd be on the streets by now." "How's back home?" I ask worriedly, wondering what my parents and brothers are up to. "Everything is cool at home. Are you uh.... Inviting your parents to the wedding?" She asks me. My hands tense up around Jason's arm and before I can even reply Jason does. "No. They're not allowed and neither are her brothers." He says, wrapping an arm protectively around me as if my parents could hurt me here. We get back to Tom's and Jason's parents are surprisingly here already. "Ma? Dad? I thought y'all were coming later." Kasi doesn't look happy. "Four of the girls were out sick so we had to cancel." She grumbles, crossing her arms. Jason chuckles and ruffles her hair. "Followin' in your big brother's footsteps I see?" She rolls her eyes. "Shove it up your wazoo!" My eyes go wide. "Kasi! Language! My goodness, what has gotten into you the last couple weeks!?" Jason's mom exclaims shocked.

Jason's pov

"Maybe I'll talk to her ma." I say, picking up the little scamp. She glares devil eyes at mom. What is with her? She's never like this. We go inside while everyone else is socializing outside. "Little girl, what has gotten into you?" She slumps on the couch annoyed. "Why are you so mad?" "I don't like keeping secrets Jay." Secrets? What's she..... Oh crap! "Kasi, you cannot tell anyone about that day! I was half drunk and going through some really big issues. Just.... Please Kasi, keep it to yourself!" "I feel like I'm bad for lying!" "It's not lying if no one asks! Promise me you won't tell no one!" "Fine I won't." I breathe a sigh of relief. I walk back out. "Hey babe, I know the family's here and all but if I wanna get a record deal I really should hit the bars. Ya never know who will be there." "Oh okay. I'll see ya for dinner." I nod and kiss her cheek. "Bye everyone sorry for runnin' out like this but I gotta work on a deal." Mom hugs me. "I'm so proud of you." She says. "Thanks ma." I kiss her cheek and get in Tom's truck which he lets me borrow from time to time.

*later*

"The white line's gettin' longer and the saddle's gettin' cold, oh I'm much too young to feel this damn old. Oh my cards are on the table and the ace is in the hole, oh I'm much too young to feel this damn old!" I sing. The bar cheers and claps. I smile. "I have an announcement. Could someone pass me a beer?" The bartender brings me one and stands by the stage. "Thanks man. Anyway, as all of you know I have a girlfriend that comes with me to the bar on occasions and well we're getting hitched." "Wow congratulations Jason." The bartender says. I smile and stare at my beer. The only thing that could make this day better is surprising her with a record deal." He smiles and pats my shoulder. "You'll get one. The world will know the name Jason Aldean." I hug him. "Thanks."

*the wedding day*

I hold her hands, tears in her eyes. "You may kiss the bride." He says. "I wanna say one thing before I do. The day I met you changed my life forever. And now I'm forever complete." I whisper, kissing her hard, a hand on her neck. "Presenting Mr. And Mrs. Jason Aldean." All my friends and family clap. I hold her hand, lacing our fingers together and face the crowd. I shot our intertwined hands into the air and they shout louder. I laugh and sweep her off her feet, her hands wrap around my neck and we kiss again. We get to the reception hall and I'm shocked to see Alan Jackson playing. At MY wedding reception! I walk to the stage and shake his hand. "Thanks for coming." I say. "You're welcome and congratulations. Any particular song?" I glance back at her. She's talking to Rachel and Sierra. "Remember when." He smiles. "Got it."

Miranda's pov

The girls back away when Jason taps my shoulder and asks me to dance. I smile as everyone cleats the dance floor. "Remember when I was young and so were you and time stood still and love was all we knew you were the first so was I we made love and then you cried remember when. Remember when we vowed the vows and walked the walk gave our hearts made the start it was hard we lived and learned love through cursse there WS joy and there was hurt remember when." Tears sparkle in my eyes. This song has so much meaning. It symbolizes everything we stand for. My head rests against his chest.

Jason's pov

Her shoulders are shaking from crying. I'm pretty sure it's happy tears. I rub her back and close my eyes and whisper sing along with Alan. "Remember when old ones died and new were born and life was changed. Disassembled, rearranged, we came together fell apart and broke each other's hearts remember when." She looks up at me and wipes her eyes. "You never cease to amaze me Jason." She says, softly kissing me. "I love you so much." I say. I wipe the tears from her eyes. "And Jason I wanna-" Just then Luke taps a champagne glass. I look over. "Time for best man speech and maid of honor speech." He says. I roll my eyes. Luke gets the mic. "I've known Jason since we were kids at the ol watering hole and not once has he ever been anything but nice to me. He is probably the most caring person in the world and who knew that super nice nature would help him stumble into the love of his life. I wish you both many long years. Many many!" He says. I clap. "Love you too bro!" I call. Luke hands the mic to Sierra. "Friendship is the only ship that is not allowed to sink. And I don't know where I'd be without this perfect couple by my side." Or where I'd be. "Thanks for always making my day and always being such a close friend who I knew I could come to whenever I needed help. We helped each other through the darkest of times and through them became closer. I'll never forget you guys." Rachel gets the mic next. "Eternal love like yours is relentless. It can get through anything. And with Jason's stubborn never give up attitude and Miranda's tough bad girl self it's a match made in heaven. They're perfect together and anyone who disagrees can kiss my country ass!" I laugh hysterically. They pass the mic to Blake who starts to sing his smash hit Kiss my country ass. I smile and dance to the fast song with my princess laughing beside me. Her dress was also short sleeved. Everyone saw her arms but no one made her feel bad about it. She isn't ashamed of them anymore and she doesn't cut anymore. Neither do I. "You can kiss natural born redneck to the bone ever lovin' country ass!" I hold her hands. "Love you baby." "I love you cowboy." We share a long kiss right on the dance floor with everyone surrounding us and clapping.