Chapter 25

Jason's pov

We are having a cookout for two reasons. One to celebrate being in our own house and two because it's my little Hazel's sixth birthday. She's become a real daddy's girl and I love it. She and Bo were playing a little tag. I smile and watch them. Then she walks by and I pick her up. "Happy birthday sweetheart." I say, kissing her head. I'm also manning the grill. She swipes the spatula from my hand. I laugh. "You wanna cook instead?" "Yeah! I'm six now! I'm a big girl!" I smile. "Of course you are, princess." "Where's mama?" I look around. "Hm. Probably inside. Go find her."

Miranda's pov

Oh man! What are we gonna do?! What's Jason gonna think?! I sit on the toilet, my head in my hands. Hazel runs in the room. "Ha ha! Found you!" She says. I smile. "Happy birthday." She grabs my hand. "Daddy's looking for you." I nod and stand up. Oh man, how am I gonna tell Jason I'm pregnant? We go back out to the party and she joins into the festivities. I walk over to my cowboy husband. "We.... Have something to talk about." I whisper in his ear. His eyes go wide. "Good or bad?" He asks, turning around. "Not sure." I say, biting my lip. "Babe, what's up?" I glance at the party, all our friends, Jason's family. "I'm pregnant."

Jason's pov

I drop the spatula, wide eyed. "You're what?" I choke out, turning around all the way. "I'm pregnant. I found out this morning and I don't know what to do." I don't either! I glance at Hazel. Are we ready for another kid? This one a baby?! I mean I wasn't even ready when we got Hazel but that was just a matter of circumstance! "Jay, please talk to me! I'm so scared!" "I-It's okay. I'm uh... I just I gotta think.... What are we doing?" "I don't know!" "It's time for cake!" Sierra calls. "We'll worry about it after the party." I shakily say, resting a hand on my wife's shoulder. I wipe the tears from her eyes and we walk over to do the cake with Hazel and our friends and family.

*later*

Just about everyone has gone home except for Sierra and Rachel. I sit down, tired and worried. Unsure of what to do about this newfound information. Sierra sits beside me. "Oh why the long face? Upset that your little girl is another year older?" "I wish that was all it was." I mutter, tilting a bottle to my lips. "What do you mean, Jason?" Uh oh. We agreed not to tell anyone til we knew what we were doing! "Nothin' just being a star has me dog tired." I lie. She crosses her arms. "Jason Aldean, don't you dare lie to me!" She shouts. I sigh. That girl knows me too well. I sigh and glance at Miranda who's watching Hazel play with her birthday presents. "Miranda's pregnant and we don't know if we're ready for another baby!" I finally admit. Her eyes go wide. "You're kidding!" "Oh how I wish I were." I mumble, covering my eyes. She puts a hand on my shoulder. I move my hands. "Well I can't tell you what to do. But whatever decision you make, make sure that's what you really want to do because there's no going back. Don't do something you'll regret Jason." I shakily nod. She's right. Man, she always knows what to say. We'll talk about it tonight. Then make a decision.