Chapter 24

*a few years later*

Jason's pov

I'm stirred from my sleep by a noise downstairs. She shoots up in bed too, hearing it. "I'm gonna check on Hazel." She whispers. I nod and open the door quietly. She walks down to our daughter's room while I wait for any sign of intruder. It's not Tom. He went on vacation with his new girlfriend Gracie. She walks back. "It's not Hazel. She's fast asleep in her bed." She whispers. My eyes go wide. Someone has broken into our house. We shakily walk downstairs. Two figures stand in the living room. I flip on the light and gasp in surprise. Her parents. She grips tight to my shirt in terror. "What are you doing here?" I growl. "Shut up you little asshole, return our daughter." Her dad growls back. "Fat chance." I mutter. She steps out from behind me. "Babe, what-" "The threat behind is far worse." She whispers, her voice shaking as she points. I turn around and her brothers stand there both wielding knives. Shit! She's shaking, her fists clenched at her sides, and a rage filled stare in her eyes. "Get her boys." Her dad says, making my chest pound. Both brothers run at her then her eyes open wide.

Miranda's pov

A feeling of clarity passes through me. These fuckers don't control me anymore. I'm not afraid of them. I can only be afraid if I allow myself to be. Dave runs at me but I duck and dodge and he bumps into John. When he recovers, John dives at me, trying to grab me around the waist but I scissorkick him. He falls flat on his face. Then dad grabs my shoulders and both boys stand up smirking. I hear Jason gasp in fear but I hold a hand up meaning for him to stay there. He's so confused. I grab my dad's arm and flip him over my shoulder. He crashes into my brothers.

Jason's pov

Whoa. She looks so hot all badass like this. Her mom stares at her horrified. She turns around to her. "You wanna try me too?" She snaps at her. She shakes her head and backs up. "I don't EVER wanna see you anywhere near Nashville again! Do you hear me!" She yells. Her dad nods, still on the floor. "Now GET OUT!!" He stands up quickly and they all run out. My jaw drops in shock as she walks back over here. "Babe, that is so badass! Where'd you learn to fight like that?!" She smiles. "I didn't learn it. It just came to me. As a sort of instinct." She says, smiling. "That was fucking amazing!" I gasp. "Not as amazing as this." She says, kissing me passionately and my hands tense up in shocked arousal. I smile in the kiss and grab her around the waist. Her being all badass has totally turned me on and I wanna fuck her so bad. I pick her up, her legs wrapping around my waist as we make out, her hands in my hair, mine in the back of her pants.

*later*

I lay in bed breathing heavily as does she. "Babe?" "Yeah?" "That. Was. Awesome." She laughs. "What? Me kicking my family's ass or the sex after?" I smile and hold her hand. "Both." She smiles and closes her eyes. I wrap an arm around her pulling her to me and she sleeps on my chest.

*the next day*

I wake up and Miranda's already up, fixing breakfast for Hazel and the girls are over too. I smile and wave at them. I pour a cup of coffee and kiss her cheek. She smiles that smile meaning don't tell anyone. I nod and sit at the table next to Rachel. "So girls what brings you to Nashville?" They both smile at each other. "To tell you that you got some new neighbors!" Rachel says smiling at me. Huh? "What do ya mean by that?" "We're moving to Nashville!" Sierra cries. I almost drop my coffee cup. "Whoa! For real?" Rachel nods and hugs me. "We're all together again. And this little girl is so precious!" Sierra says, patting Hazel's head. She hides her face. "Yeah she's a sweetheart but very shy." I say, picking her up. We have to get our own house. "So where are y'all livin'?" "On third street." Rachel says. "We're roomies!" Sierra adds, hugging her sister. I smile. "I'm really glad you guys moved up here." "Me too." A knock at the door startles me and makes me suspicious after last night. Man, thinkin' about last night.... I shake the thoughts from my head and answer the door. Mike. "Hey man what's up?" "Other than your rise to fame, broken bow is helping pay for a house for you guys." My eyes go wide. Hazel buries her face in my neck. "You're kidding!" He laughs and shakes his head. "Welcome to the big leagues kid. Perks like these come with the job." "This is great! Thanks man!" He nods. "No problem! Its a 4 bedroom 2 bath house. You're gonna love it!" I run back to the kitchen to tell my wonderful wife the great news. Her eyes go wide. "Really?" "Yeah." I spin her around and kiss her lips. I'm so excited!