Chapter 31

Jason's pov

*a few months later*

Miranda was standing to the side, holding Jack while I held Hazel's bike. I'm trying to teach her to ride a bike but she's a little scared. She's fallen down a few times which is what's freaked her out. "Maybe we should take a break." Miranda says. I nod. "We'll get it down, hun." I say, patting Hazel's head. We go back inside and have lunch, her still wearing her helmet. I smile watching her. Jack pounds his fists on his highchair top. I laugh. "Ok son, calm down." I say. I pick his baby food up and feed him. "Hey Jason, company!" I hear my wife call. "Who is it?" I call back. "Your best friend cowboy!" I smile, hearing Sierra. She walks into the kitchen. "What brings ya here, cowgirl?" I say, hugging her. "How's my favorite nephew?" She says, messing up his hair. He laughs and grabs her hand. "Ya wanna feed him? I'm gonna try to get Hazel back on her bike." She takes my place and Hazel runs out the front door. Rachel and Miranda were out front talking. "Come on daddy!" Hazel gasps. "I'm comin' kiddo." "Round four?" Miranda asks. I laugh. "Nuh uh. Lesson four. Don't quit when it gets tough." I say, holding up a finger. I walk over as she climbs on. "Don't let go til I say so." She says, looking back at me. I smile, holding tight to the back of her bike. "I've got you sweetheart."

Miranda's pov

She starts pedaling with Jason holding onto her. He trips a little, letting go and my eyes go wide. She's doing it. He stands back up, hands on his hips. "Don't quit when it gets tough." He repeats, proudly. "Mama! Daddy! I'm doing it!" She shouts. I smile and walk over to Jason. He puts a hand on my hip, his arm around my waist. "You're a great teacher." I say. He smiles down at me. "Look!" She gasps. "You're doing great, baby girl." He calls. She turns and rides back to us. "I did it!" She cries, jumping off, the helmet getting loose. She pulls it off and jumps excitedly in the air. "Yay!" "I suggest.... A celebration! Grillin' in the backyard?" Jason asks. I smile and nod. "I'll call the boys." He says, picking Hazel up and going inside. "That little girl is growing up." Rachel says, hugging me. I smile.

*twenty minutes later*

All his buddies and my friends are hanging in the backyard. Jason's grilling with Hazel beside him. They're the closest daddy daughter thing I've ever seen. Jack was in Rachel's arms but he reached for me. "Hey mama's boy." I say, taking him in my arms and rocking him.

Jason's pov

I watch Jack fall asleep in Miranda's arms. I love having a son. At first I was freaked at the thought of having kids at such a young age but I wouldn't change it for the world. My little girl's growing up so fast it won't be long before I have to put the fear of God into some kid at the door. I'm scared she'll find that teenage boy I used to be that seems to have just one thing on his mind, making me think of the night I first met her. While we were at the party. I love that girl so much. Speaking of she walks inside to lay Jack down. I put Luke in charge of the grill and Hazel and I go inside. I find her standing by his crib, fast asleep. I wrap my arms around her waist. "Hey baby." I whisper. "Hey." She turns her head and I kiss her. "Love you baby." "I love you too, Jay."