3. Better than Hank Aaron?

Timber's P.O.V:

Valerie was awkwardly standing near the batters box looking at the bleachers for a place to sit. When she had glanced my way I patted the seat next to me. She sat down and smiled at me, almost like a 'thank you'. I smiled back and we watched her brother set himself up to fail. I would've joined in on the immature ranting of the team encouraging Benny to strike Tommy out but I didn't want to be as loud and as obnoxious as them.

I couldn't believe how arrogant Tommy was being. Valerie was so kind and polite so how were they even remotely related? We sat and watched attentively, the team cheering for Benny to strike Tommy out. "What's your name kid?" Benny asked. "Tommy Santarelli and I promise you this, you won't forget it." The team heckled at the comment with oooes and sarcastic comments themselves.

"Who does this kid think he is? Hank Aaron?!" Two-Ton asked frustrated. I heard some giggling beside me and I turned to see Valerie silently giggling at Two-Ton's well thought out comment. "I like your confidence kid" Benny politely commented on Tommy's arrogant behavior.

"this is like déjà vu" Tommy reminisced.

"What's like déjà vu?" D.P, standing up and sliding up his catchers helmet.

"This is like déjà vu" Tommy said and D.P stood back up sliding his catchers up again.

"What's like déjà vu?" Tommy turned wide eyed and looked at him. D.P only shook his head and laughed crouching back down again.

"We'll start you off nice and easy" Benny said over Tommy's sudden case of confidence. "You know what Benny that's your problem, your too nice." Tommy said. "Excuse me?" Benny said. "Your excused." Tommy said getting ready to bat. This rude comment earned more oooes. "Now bring it" Tommy added.

Benny pitched a good hit and Tommy hit it right out of the ball park. "And Santa takes it to the North Pole" he praised looking into oblivion. Tommy hit each and every ball that came flying towards him. I was really impressed and so were the guys....I think. "You're gonna have to better then that Benny come on" Tommy encouraged but still in a rude way. Benny pitched and it was like watching dust fly. Each ball with more heat and each whack with more dust.

"Yeah, I think his swings better than Hank Aaron's" I say to Two-Ton he rolled his eyes and continued watching the batting. "Alright, now I'm give a little more heat okay?" Benny asked him D.P stood and his legs were practically shaking. "Please hit this" he begged. "Don't worry about it. I'm Santa. Come on" Tommy said arrogantly and turned to Benny again. What with the 'Santa' crap?

Benny pitched the ball and Tommy whacked it perfectly over the wall. We all cheered and looked at each other. D.P came sprinting over. "Good pick kid" Tommy praised Ryan rudely. "Hey your Ryan right?" He asked. Ryan smiled and nodded. "Hey what do ya say?" He asked. Ryan just frowned and walked away. "Where'd you learn to hit like kid?" Benny mused over Tommy's skills.

"Strain' down the likes of Randy Johnson, Rodger Clemens. You learn fast or you die trying" Tommy said putting his hands in his pockets. "Who are those guys?" Two Ton asked in a confused tone. I shrugged and we all looked at each other before coming up with a some what conclusion.

"Seventh Graders" We all said in unison. D.P shot up from his seat and had an excited tone to his voice. "Hey! With him on our team, we could enter the all-cities championship!" He said. Everyone nodded their heads agreeing with D.P. "Enter? You guys could win!" Squints added with the same excited tone.

"Very high probability" Q said. We all cheered and just thinking we could win the championship makes me happier than anything. Nothing could bring us down-