28: Memories

Valerie's P.O.V:

"Hello?, yeah I'm on the road what's up?" I spoke into the phone as I began driving toward the hospital. "Ok good, are the kids behaving?" I questioned taking a left on an all to familiar street. "How's Tommy?" I continued.

We'd just gotten a notice yesterday that dare I say, my reckless brother got into a bit of an accident at his latest baseball practice. My brother and baseball let me tell ya. But what can you do right? Timber was already at the hospital waiting for me with the kids so I knew I needed to get there and fast. I just really hoped Tommy was ok.

Passing the old sandlot I sighed, being reminded of my childhood. Those were definitely good times, when mom was around. Taking another turn I'd made it to the hospital. I scurried on in to check in and met up with Timber and the kids in the waiting room. The white pale walls just giving me the chills of worry.

"Hey sweetheart" Timber said. "Hey" I said giving him a quick kiss. "Mommy look what I made in school!" My eldest daughter Sarah (named after my mother) held a paper crown. "That's wonderful sweetie" I said ruffling her red hair. "How's the little one" I whispered as I could tell my younger sun carter was asleep. "He ate some lunch and slept" I nodded. "How are you?"

He rose an eyebrow. "I haven't asked that question in forever" I sighed laying my head on his shoulder. "Remember when we were kids?" He said in the same soft voice id had spoken in earlier. "Yeah" I nodded, playing with my wedding ring. "It feels like centuries since our last time alone" I whispered. "I can fix that" he smirked. I playfully gave him a smack on the chest and continued to rest.

"Valerie, Timber" Q came out of the hospital room with a clipboard in hand. "Yes?" I questioned quickly getting up. "Tommy will see you now" he nodded with a familiar smile of intelligence. "Thanks Q" I said. "No problem"
"Come on kids lets go see your uncle" I said grabbing Bridget's hand and Carter's in the other. He'd woken up from all the commotion in the hospital at some point.

As we entered the room I'd seen my big brother asleep. More like big baby. "Tommy" he was snoozing for sure. But this was certainly not the time for a catnap. "Tommy"

"Tommy"

"Tommy wake up"

"Valerie!" He yelled before swooping me into a hug. "I missed you so much!" He said through what I think were tears. "I missed you and so did you're niece and nephew" I giggled at his ridiculous but hilariously wonderful behavior. "I have nephew's!?" He said, his voice clearly cracking. "Yeah, remember? Timber and I got married?" I questioned raising my ringed hand up to show him. He gasped and brought me and Timber into a hug. "I love you guys" I giggled and patted his back. "Some more people are here to visit" Timber said with a slight smile.

Soon enough the whole team from childhood filled the room. Tommy was acting strange but at least he was being grumpy like he could be sometimes. "Sandlot?" He questioned.

"1" Wok said with a humorous tone

"2" I giggled

"3" Two Ton yelled

"Sandlot!"