23: The Fair

Valerie's P.O.V:

The fair lights glittered and glinted. Sounds of joyous children could be heard all around. It was a place of joy, I mean who wouldn't be happy at a fair?

"Hey, would you like to go on the Ferris wheel?" Timber questioned. I was the second ride we'd have alone. "Sure" I giggled. He squeezed my hand and had a huge grin. "Hey, Tom, we're going to the Ferris wheel" I said. Tommy nodded and took a seat next to Two Ton, whom couldn't look any less bored. And with that we were off.

I shifted in the seat as the ride had stopped. A usual experience when riding a Ferris wheel. I grew nervous as we were in mid air. Looking over the small city and its glowing lights. "Here, I'll protect you" Timber said wrapping his arms around me. "Thanks" I laughed silently. "Did I forget to mention?-" Timber smirked as I looked up at him.

"What? Do I have funnel cake on my face? Jimmy crickets no!" I said trying hide my mouth.

"No!" Timber giggled. "You didn't let me finish" he sighed. "I meant to say that I didn't mention how gorgeous you look" he said with genuine smile. "Really?" I said with disbelief.

"Really" he smirked. He leaned in and gave me a loving kiss. Sparks. Fireworks. Goodness me i loved it. "Oh and you have funnel cake sugar on your lip" he whispered humorously into my ear. I gasped giving him a playful punch in he chest. "stinker" I hissed playfully before being wrapped in his arms again. The ride started once again making both of us gasp. I looked back at Timber and we both just cracked up and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

"Hey......guys?" I said approaching with Timber at my side. "Done!" Two Ton shouted completely oblivious of our presence. He had sprinkles and frosting covering the entirety of his face. "Should I ask?" I said curiously.

"Nope"

"No way"

"Most likely not"

"So which ride are we going on last?" I asked, feeling myself instinctively rock back and forth on my heels. "The swings look fun!" Wok advised. "Sure thing!" D.P chimed in. "Ok-but Two Ton are you sure-" I tried to say but he cut me off.

"Heck yeah! They don't call me two ton for nothing" he said confidently. Standing up just a little taller than before. Timber squeezed my hand. "Swings it is then!" He giggled. And with that we were off to the swings.

The night sky blended with purples and blues. The town lights along with the fair glinted and glittered. I laid my head on Timber's shoulder, smiling softly at our hands intertwined on his lap. "Having fun?" He giggled pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Definitely" I said blankly. "What's wrong?" He asked attentively. Was there something wrong? Or was my mind getting the best of me? "Are we moving to fast?" I sighed feeling flustered. "Valerie, what are you talking about" he said calmly. The summer's night air brushing through his strawberry blonde hair. His blue eyes glinted with interest.

"Look- it's just that I want this to last. And i feel like I'm going to screw up and this won't last and-"

"Valerie"

"And-"

"Valerie, it's ok. I think we're at a good pace but if you think this won't last- let's make it last" he said soothingly. I nodded feeling myself calm down from the sudden outbreak of anxiety. He held me in his humming and playing with my hair. He was right, we could make it last we just had to try.

"Guys, I don't feel so go-" Two Ton said cooking on his words..........literally. Soon riders and patrons behind Two Ton were covered in donut filled vomit. I felt myself gag at the horrid smell. Once the ride ended everyone scrambled off to get away from the hideous stench.

"So that was fun" Timber said sarcastically as we made our way to my house. "Yeah, especially the part where Two Ton ended up puking on everybody" I shot back filled with even more sarcasm. "Ok ok. So maybe that was a little kink-but I still had fun" Timber said shaking my shoulder a little bit.

"Oh really?" I giggled. "Uh huh" he giggled louder. He started tickling me making me squeal in humor. "Timber quit it!" I giggled. "Not until you use the magic word" he chuckled as he continued to humorously torture me. I sighed out of breath. "Please!"

"Ok, I'll stop" he sighed deliriously, letting me go. We approached my house and I already, sadly knew that it was the end of our time together. We hugged and Timber gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Goodnight Timber"
I giggled. "Goodnight Valerie"