8. Good Luck Charm

Valerie's P.O.V:

Timber was holding my hand and to be honest? I really wanted to go home. The only thing keeping me here was the fear of embarrassment. I already dragged my brother here and me backing wouldn't be good.

"All right. Come on. Let's go. All right. Move! Move! Move!" D.P shouted impatiently. We all turned around in frustration and yelled at him. "Shut up D.P!" We silenced him for only a little bit before he refrained to herd us toward the house porch. We ignored him and continued to walk around in the fog and surprisingly lighting flashes.

"Hey check it out" Wok said shining his light on what looked like a dog house. "Hercules, Who names their dog Hercules?" Two-Ton asked.

"It was probably just some chihuahua or something. You know how people name their dog the opposite of what they are" Wok explained. We all shined our flashlights down on the dog bone, a ginormous dog bone that was sticking out of the ground. "That must have been a grande chihuahua man." We all nodded in agreement and continued to wander round the yard before making our way to the house.

We were gathered on the porch and Timber still held my hand which made me feel a little less scared. "Are you ok?" I heard him whisper. I decided to be honest and shake my head no. "I want to go home" I whispered. He nodded and whispered and nodded.

"Guys this is crazy we're leaving" Timber announced. I mouthed 'sorry' to Tommy and started to walk off the porch with Timber.

"Oh come on guys! Don't be wimps. I thought we were a team" D.P was testing our patience and I turned around and so did Timber. "Alright then go ahead, you're up!" He snapped. I could feel him tense up while holding my hand, his blue eyes playing the look of frustration.

"I say we send in one of the little guys. Kind of like a scout" Two-Ton suggested snapping his head Q.

"Since when do the shortest guy have to go in first" Q said.

"Where is Ryan?" Timber asked.

"Someone has to go and look for him" D.P said worriedly.

"I'll go" I volunteered. "No!" Tommy and Timber shouted at the same time. "Oh come on! Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I need your help" I said to the team. "And besides, 'wimps' wouldn't do this" I announced. I let go of Timber's hand and made my way to the door, everyone watched expectantly as I turned the squeaky door knob leading to the inside of the house. "Ryan?" I whispered out trying to look for him.

"AH!" I screamed as Ryan jumped out with a dog painting covering his face and started barking. The rest of the team screamed and we were all freaking out. "Ryan you scared me!" I shouted as he revealed himself from the painting. He giggled and came out to the porch.

"Gutsy move kid. Pretty impressive." Tommy commented earning a smile from Ryan. We all went into the house together and looked around for 'baseball equipment'. Timber had grabbed my hand again and protectively walked in front of me. I giggled and realized he could hear me. He turned and smiled at me. "What?" He smiled expectantly waiting for a joke. "Your funny when you try to 'protect' me" I giggle. He blushed and awkwardly laughed along. "It's ok I like it" I winked after he had let go of my hand to hear the 'joke'. I teasingly walked into a room and screamed so only he could hear.

"What?! Are u ok!?" He freaked out and I started giggling. He rolled his eyes and giggled along. We walked through the rest of the house looking here an there. Me marveling over the trinkets in the house and Timber looking around for equipment.

Out of nowhere I heard screams, making me and Timber's eyes widen. We turned our heads to face the basement door. It was kind of hard to see with the moonlit room and dust flying around. Two boys emerged from the dungeous basement.

"There's nothing down there" Roll panted, he was trying to fix his flashlight. "Except for bats" Wok said. I heard Timber's excited voice from behind me. "Baseball bats?" He questioned. "No bats bats" Wok and Roll explained making Timbers voice of excitement into a voice of disappointment. "Oh okay" he nodded.

"There's nothing here either" I said flashing my flashlight across the room again. "Yeah, this place is a bust. Hey up there! Let's beat it!" Two Ton shouted. I sighed in defeat knowing we couldn't find possibly anything useful. "I'll go get Tom" I informed before making my to the stairs with Timber walking next to me.

We found Tommy along with Q, and D.P and Wings all shining their lights on a Yankee hat. "Hey Tom" He turned and motioned me over. After putting the dusty hat on his head I peered through the strange whole in the wall. "Hey what's that?" Wings pointed and looked at what was a baseball. "Bingo!" Tommy whisper yelled. After pulling his hand out of the web covered hole he threw the ball to me where I caught it and admired its stitching and familiar signature. "That's for you sis" I nodded happily. "Thanks" I grinned. Timber nudged me getting my attention. "Told you there was treasure in here" he smiled. I grinned and nudged back before admiring the dust covered ball.

All of us peered down at the ball as if it were a relic. Maybe even a lucky charm or sign to help us win. There was a faint ticking sound, the whirring of a machine echoed throughout the room. "Suddenly, I don't have a very good feeling about this" Q said. "What should we do?" Wings asked worriedly looking into the hole. "RUN!" The three boys screamed.

We ran through the house and I could barely see anything. Baseball bats fell onto the floor making all of us slip and freak out. "Guys check it out!" Two Ton flashed his light on the fireplace. I was wobbling trying to keep my balance. "Two Ton watch out!!" I pointed. A glove grabbed his making all of us shriek.

I tripped over something and landed on a floor mat. I slid down the long spiral stairs screaming the whole way down. Each bump hurting my ribs as the next. I felt something sharp swipe my arm but I didn't pay much attention. The rest of the boys that were upstairs pushed and shoved their way down the stairs. Timber helped me and we continued to run and find a exit. Timber opened what seemed like the front door only to meet a machine-

"Oh no!" Timber yelled. The machine whirred and started up, it's wheels already burning rubber. Baseballs started to shoot everywhere making us run every which way. "Sis duck!" I crouched to the ground feeling a ball fly just inches away from me. "Guys! lets get out of here!" Tommy yelled. I heaved myself onto my feet. I looked around and gasped as I couldn't find my baseball. Timber grabbed my hand and showed me that he had the ball and I sighed with relief.

The team didn't have to be told to leave twice. We all sprinted like our lives depended on it running to our bikes. As soon as we'd catch our breathes we'd laugh about our sudden experiences and maybe even have a good luck charm.