26: He Said It

Valerie P.O.V

"Happy Birthday dear Valerie, Happy Birthday to you!!!!"

"Ok, this is from the team" Timber said passing me a beautifully wrapped box. I couldn't help but grin. "You didn't have to" I giggled. "I did" Timber said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and sitting back down.

"Come on open it!"

"Open it!"

"Open it!"

I hastily removed the wrapping paper to quickly find the contents of the box. Two beautifully embroidered shoes lay within the box. The shoes I always where. I shoes I couldn't bear to get alone- not without dad. The shoes I didn't dare ask mom for, knowing that they were too expensive. Laying there, right in front of me. I felt tears threatening to pour out of my eyes. "Benny got the whole team to sign it" Wok pointed out. I looked to see precise cursive signings all over the brand new shoes. The tears stung and I continued to smile. "Thank-thank you guys so much"

"Honey don't cry" Mom said softly. Reclined across the couch, her breathing slow. I nodded but broke down anyways. Timber hugged me and soon we were all clinging to each other in a group. "Wanna try 'em out?" Tommy offered with a toothy smile. "Peachy Keen" I grinned.

"Whoohoo!" I shouted as we all shot down a hill, my bike wheels freely buzzing. The air zipping past me. I had Tommy to thank. He saved my life, told me how much he loved me, like a big brother should. The converse fit perfectly, their new scent traveling through my senses. The cursive letters constantly serving as a reminder of friendship, and teamwork. As cheesy as that may seem, it brought me and Timber together.

That night I laid in my bed peacefully, almost feeling different. Like I wasn't supposed to be there. But I was meant to....in a way. A clink clanked against the old window. I awaited for another, to see if I was actually hearing such a thing. Creeping toward the sill, I lifted the window. Peeking my head out I saw no one other than Timber. I smiled softly to myself. "What are you doing here?" I said with a bit of humor in my tone as I spoke. "Came to see you" he whispered back as I helped him in.

Timber huffed in exhaustion, probably from the climb up the side of my house. He flopped on the bed with a loud sigh. "What- you couldn't take being away from me?" I joked. "Juliet!" Timber shouted in a joking tone. "Shhh you're gonna get me into trouble" i giggled placing a hand over his mouth. We'd finally calmed down and I laid in bed beside him. Out of nowhere I felt his loving lips meet with mine. Gently pressing against mine as we moved in sync. I held the back of his neck as he delivered me the love he didn't saved till now. Once we pulled away for breath I looked into his deep blue eyes.

Playing with his auburn hair, he smiled softly. "I love you" he whispered. My heart almost jumped now. He said it to me now. He did love me. "I love you too" I giggled through whispers.

"Sandlot tomorrow?" He said. Now he was climbing back down. I, hoping he wouldn't fall. "Sure" I nodded. I rested my head onto my hands watching my Prince Charming get to the bottom. I shook my head with humor over what had just occurred tonight. He said he loved me, maybe I was dazed. "Love you!" I whisper yelled. Secretly it wasn't a bid of farewell to my Romeo. I wanted to hear him say it all over again. I wanted to hear him say it again. The he loves me.

"I love you more!" He whispered back with an irresistible smile. I bit my lip to keep from screaming in triumph. He'd said it again. It wasn't like I thought he didn't love me. But the face he'd bring it up on his own was lovely. Brought wonderful tingles to my smile. "Goodbye Timber"

"Goodbye Valerie"