one

- story takes place in the 1960's, 1962 to be exact. this story is dedicated to a sweet writer sweatshirtzarry  she's just lovely! hope you all enjoy!

"why couldn't you just leave me back in Bradford mum, that's our home, and our friends are there." zayn pouts as he holds onto his backpack filled with belongings and memories of his friends in his neighborhood and school.

"oh honey, please don't be such a dope. it's not everyday your dad gets a good opportunity to have a better job and get paid well. besides, your still a kid and you'll make new friends here in Salt Lake, Utah." Trisha digs through her bag for her sun glasses since it is getting kind of sunny.

"mum, i'm fifteen. i'm not a kid anymore, things won't be the same here without my friends." zayn huffs out and straightens up his baseball cap that said cardinals.

trisha kept her hands on the steering wheel and looks through the mirror to see her son with a mad/sad face.

she sighed, knowing that he'll just keep continuing to be stubborn.

"just give it some time zayn, you'll adjust to this life style. sooner or later you'll be begging to stay here. i just know it." she turns to the left, seeing her husband yaser talking to another man with a brown suit, next to the house they purchased.

she pulls in and parks the car in the drive way. she takes her bag in her hand and pulls the handle of the car to open the door and make her way out.

zayn stayed inside and spaced out into his own little world. he missed his friends so much and his home he once had. he looks up, seeing that this home was much bigger, much beautiful, but so new.

he sighs and sinks all the way down his seat.

↠ ↠

zayn takes the last box up to his plain room that his dad colored sky blue for him which zayn is grateful for.

he drops the box down onto the side of his bed and then plops himself onto it.

he's tired, heart broken, dulled, and everything between of feeling sick and bad.

just when he thought he should take a nap he hears a knock coming from his doorway.

"zayn?" his dad called out as he peaked his head in.

"yes papa?" zayn turns over and rubs his eyes.

yaser walks toward zayn and sits aside.

"your mum tells me you're not adjusting."

zayn didn't say anything but kept his eyes down to look at his fingers fumble.

yaser was concerned about his boy, maybe he should make him see it's going to be good here as a new person, how it's actually pretty better than it looks.

"listen zayn, no one said you'll adjust in the hour. in time you'll be alright, now why don't you go down to the little farmers market down the street and on the right and bring a box of fettuccine for tonights dinner yeah?" yaser asks.

zayn nods tiredly and gets up from his bed. yaser reaches in his pocket and gives him the american money.

↠ ↠

aisle to aisle zayn passed through, wearing his baseball cap, a navy blue shirt and some pants with his warn out black converse. he kept scoping for the strings of fettuccine that was contained in a box, but what he found instead was a boy across from him.

his hair was as gold as sunshine, but some had dark shades of brown, skin that was kissed by the sun, green emeralds for eyes, small jean shorts he's never imagined a boy would ever wear and a loosely white button up the young boy tucked into his shorts.

he sees the curly haired boy reach out for some cherries on the high shelf which sadly he couldn't and made a line with his lips. he sighs and walks away from it. zayn couldn't do anything but just stare.

unfortunately, he did do something.

he runs quickly to the shelf and grabs the container full of cherries without any trouble since zayn was tall for his age.

he looks around for the golden boy who was no where to be found till zayn looked further, seeing that the boy was just about to leave.

"yo." zayn taps the boy on the shoulder.

once the boy turns, zayn was shocked that this boy was actually more ...

prettier up close. oh what is zayn saying, he shrugs off the thing he just said in his mind and continued to stare at the boy.

"yes?" the boy said.

zayn swallows thickly and puts his hand out that had the container full of cherries.

"i-ii-i saw you trying to reach for these, did you still want them?" zayn asked shyly, hoping the boy doesn't reject.

the boy smiled and showed his nice white teeth, "yes! thank you." he gladly said.

he puts a hand over zayns which zayn curiously thought how could a boy like him have delicate, soft hand. small boy hands. harry pulls the container lightly
out of his hold and looks up at zayn.

"my names harry. harry styles." he puts a hand out for zayn to shake.

zayn gladly took his hand and gives a small shake. "zayn. zayn malik."

harry lets go and rested himself.

"so zayn, you from 'round here?" harry asked.

"uhm no, no not really. i just moved from bradford."

"oooh, UK. look how far you've come. i could've sworn i heard that accent before." harry adds.

"seems to me you're not from here as well by your british accent as well." zayn concludes.

"correct. i came to Utah when I was five. but i'm originally from Holmes Chapel."

"that's nice, finally somebody that I can sort of relate to." zayn sighs.

harry just kept looking at him confusedly.

"o-oh i meant as in , like, the same area-"

"yeah I know what you meant zayn." harry cuts him off and giggles.

"oh , *laughs embarrassingly * "

"have you got a friend yet zayn?" harry questions and furrows his eyebrows.

"n-no. I kind of just moved." zayn says.

"well , you're gonna need one since it's summer. now you got me." harry smiles.

"thanks. well good day harry." zayn finishes.

"good day to you too zayn." harry walks away happily with the container of cherries in his hands to the cash register.

zayn smirks and went to the soup aisle for a box of fettuccine.
↠ ↠

first chapter! zarry met!

like + comment , or dont read this book you're not gonna.