nineteen

"zayn! don't forget your sunblock! stay out of the streets! last thing we need is for you to get ran over for not paying attention." trisha yelled from downstairs.

"mama! that was one time!" zayn tried to fight back while rushing down the stairs and trisha gave him a stern look and he gave her a soft smile.

"okay, i'll be more careful." zayn said and she smiled.

"atta boy, now here; your lunch—"

"okay, I gotta go—bye mama!" zayn said waving while walking out the door.

he hopped on his bike and rode to the baseball court where'd he see all his friends.

after a short ride he found the entrance to the secluded area and  saw no one was there.

he frowned to himself and sat on the poorly treated grass.

he waited and waited until a pair of hands covered his eyes and in reflex he flipped the person over.

his eyes widened when he saw harry on the floor in front of him in pain.

"harry! imsososososorry!" zayn said and immediately took him in his arms.

"nope—my fault." harry stammered out.

"are you okay?" zayn asked his porcelain doll.

"im fine. trust me." harry said and kissed zayns forehead.

"if you guys are done making babies we'd like to start a game here!" niall yelled and zayn laughed.

"the sooner we start the more time I get to beat you guys." zayn said dusting the dirt of his shorts.

"you wish, malik." Louis scoffed and zayn just gave him a look as to say,

"we'll see."

harry smiled at how confident zayn was of himself.

"play ball!"

________________________

harry poured lemonade into 5 different paper cups and passed them out.

"you've got skill, malik." louis admitted patting him on the back ,"but i'm better." he finished and drank his lemonade.

zayn just laughed.

"babe, tell 'em." zayn said to harry while sipping his lemonade.

"well... louis' been playing ball since he was 8, he's gone to all-state before—"

"what is this is hear?! babe, you're supposed to take my side!" zayn whined and Harry smiled.

"see. i'm the best." louis bragged over and over.

"i'll help you, zayn." harry said getting up. zayn, louis, liam and niall all stared at harry in disbelief.

"uh. haha. with what, baby?" zayn asked nervously.

"the game, dummie! now. what net do i have to get the ball in to make a touch down?" harry asked and louis and the rest snickered while zayn laughed nervously not wanted harry to play on his team for he feared that he was gonna lose because harry couldn't play.

"hah! just kidding, losers. play ball!"

(a/n i know nothing about baseball. i'm not a sporty person at all so bare with me, hunnies)

zayn hoped that harry would change his mind.

but he didn't.

harry was up for batting (a/n ??) and zayn gripped the ball wishing to all his lucky stars. meanwhile, niall and louis being the opposing team snickered silently.

zayn took a deep breathe and he threw the ball.

harry swung and missed. no surprise there.

louis threw the ball back to zayn while a sly smirk stained his lips.

"eye on the ball, babe." zayn suggested with a nervous smile.

"i know. i know." harry said and louis mocked.

zayn threw the ball and SMACK!

harry hit the ball! hard too.

everyone was surprised.

niall was so surprised that he forgot to catch the ball and harry had already made it passed second
base.

"niall! get the ball!" louis yelled seeing harry near 3rd.

niall ran for the ball and threw it to louis and just as the ball landed in louis' hand harry had already slid his way to home plate.

louis looked down at harry who was on his back, panting and sweaty.

"i ..won... loser." harry said and zayn ran to harry's side.

"harry you did it!—"

"since when do you play baseball ?!" liam asked.

"since .. i was... 4.."

"how come you don't play?! you're so good !" niall exclaimed.

"ew. oh god no. i.. hate.. baseball. what's.. so fun... about staining.. your clothes?" harry said and zayn helped him up.

"thank you for helping me win, baby." zayn said and pressed a kiss on harry's nose.

"louis? don't you want to congratulate harry?" zayn said smirking.

"i-i. um. yea. good." he muttered still in shock.

"c'mon babe. you hungry?" zayn asked.

harry shook his head.

"no i'm fine. go play. i'll rest. i don't know how you guys play that for hours straight." harry said and zayn chuckled kissing his cheek and ran back to the field.

"play ball!"