twelve

zayn walked harry back to his house.

"its okay zayn, i can walk myself from here on." harry said seeing they were almost passing zayn's house.

"oh no. what if someone like that jackass decides to mess with you. no. i'm walking you home and that's that." zayn said sternly and tried his best to resist harry's pout.

"babe, i just want to see you get home safe... is that a crime?" zayn asked stepping in front of harry.

"coarse not, zaynie." he replied and pecked zayn's lips quickly before giggling.

they continued walking until they reached harry's house.

"this is me." harry said and stopped.

"alright, well, i'll see you later, love." zayn said.

"actually, me and the gang are going to the community pool to celebrate that the girls are back. plus there's this guy that works there and the girls always pull pranks him! its hilarious every time!" harry said, laughing at just the thought.

"hah! i can already imagine it. i'll ask for permission. can't wait." zayn said.

"alright, bye zaynie." harry said and gave zayn a peck on the cheek.

"bye harry." zayn said with a smile and watched harry enter his home safely.

zayn walked back to his house and Trisha was sitting on the couch.

"zayn! where on earth have you been?! i send you out for simple groceries and— zayn! is that a bruise on your cheek?! what on earth have you been doing?!" trisha yelled madly.

"mama! its okay! i promise! you remember harry— the boy i was telling you about, well he was getting... messed with and i had to step in, i was just protecting him!" zayn tried to persuade his mother.

"alright, zayn javaad, but one more slip up and i'll have to start thinking whether i should even let you hang out with these kids." trisha said and zayn nodded knowing he was getting it easy.

he set the groceries down on the kitchen counter and walked up to his room.

he thought asking his mom for permission to go to the pool was too risky so he would wait til morning.

he brushed his teeth and went to sleep thinking of the curly brown haired boy.

he could finally call him his.

zayn thought but then perrie came to mind.

he'd never been with a boy before and it was all new. he knew he'd never see perrie again so getting over her was a must...

especially now that he's dating harry.

zayn smiled at the thought of that.

---next day---

zayn woke up to his dad knocking on the door.

"yes, papa?" zayn said half asleep still.

"today's your lucky day son. we're finally going to start fixing you future car." yaser said with excitement in his voice.

zayn would usually be happy about this but he had already had plans... not officially but still.

"..i uh.. actually papa i had plans to go to the community pool— to go make more friends, like you and mama wanted me to do." zayn said feeling bad that he was twisting this all to his father.