epilogue

in the afternoon, close to almost being dusk, the gang had stop by the ice cream shop and as well known, harry gets his favorite flavored, cherry, and they left with a cone each.

"so guys, school starts in a few hours from now." louis says, sighing after.

"dang, why so soon?" niall comments.

"yeah, right after a whole decent summer with our loves and our new pal zayn." liam smirks at zayn, holding hand with cara.

zayn smiles back while he had his arm around harry.

"hey guys. we should end this summer by having one last camp fire. a way to remember this all?" kendall says.

yeah.... why not right? i mean, we still have a few fireworks left and a couple of good sticks to stick in marshmallows and roast them." niall says, nodding his head.

"then its settled. see you guys in a few minutes?" louis questions.

everyone nods in response before heading different ways.

zayn thought of something on the way home, something that'd probably be cute but very romantically dramatic. reenacting the night he fit a ring onto harry's slim finger that came from a box of cracker jacks.

so for this, zayn smiles widely, running to the store quickly before coming back home and changing into something more comfortable,

like blue jeans, white chucks, and a yellow t-shirt.
______

the night was young, the fire began to dance on coal which cara brought from her garage.

liam and niall were out on the baseball field as they lined up all 10 fireworks for them to pop into the sky.

louis was with kendall and eleanor as they had a long conversation.

cara poked around the coal that sizzled.

harry sat on a log that zayn brought, patiently.

"thanks zaynie for the seat." harry says in a soft tone.

zayn sits by him and leans over to peck his mouth with his. "y' welcome back."

"alright guys, lets get these roasted." cara passes down a stick to harry and zayn which had a marshmallow on the end of it already. liam and niall had just came back and had sat on their logs, along with louis, eleanor, and kendall.

zayn looks up at the sky, "starry night i see eh?"

"yeah, a sign that this is the only thing we might remember of this summer." louis states.

"hmm,, look. those stars over there seem to form a big goat." liam points upwards. kendall, niall, louis, and eleanor look up in aw.

harry and zayn continued to glance at each other. like if it was just only them two just here.

"you're so beautiful my love." zayn almost whispers.

harry blushes lightly and zayn notices.

zayn leans back, only to grab the box of cracker jacks.

"wants some?" he offers to harry.

"mhm." harry hums in response to yes.

harrys hand reaches into the box to grab a few. but instead, he had a confused look when he feels something familiarly.

as he takes his hand out, his eyes grew wide as he sees a exact replica of the same ring he was presented with in the beginning of summer.

"remember when i first slipped the same ring on you in the beginning of this summer? how you completely looked absolutely marvelous as i quietly declared my love to you." zayn says to harry.

"oh zaynie, i remember." harry says, trying to hold back the urge to jump on zaynie and suck his face off.

"put the ring on my love." zayn says.

harry obeys and puts it on his left hand, on his ring finger it felt right to put it on there.

zayn grabs both of his small hands in his. "harry, love."

harry looks into his complexion. "yes zaynie?"

zayn starts, "you've made my life a living dream. i've dreamed a love so strong like the currents of the ocean. you've completed me and i hope we can continue our relationship and our love for a life time. this summer was blast, it wouldn't have been if i didn't see you struggling for a container full of plumped cherries on the top high shelf."

at that moment, harry began to let his feeling outs and tears. "oh zayn." he says. zayn interrupts him by putting his lips on his.

fireworks immediately hit sky high, the moment was lovely, almost as if they were in a disney film.

this was the summer of 1960.

The End.

Thanks for reading / Nic & Ary