three

the whole day, zayn and his family have been unpacking and loading everything into place.

it was 2:00 PM in the afternoon and the temperature just increased and on the player it says it's 99 degrees.

the family were now in sweat and exhausted.

"zayn dearest, can you do mama and papa a favor and get us some bottles pepsi cola from the store?" trisha wipes her sweaty forehead and moves the couch in place.

"yes mum." zayn replies and breathes through his mouth.

"here's three dollars. one for me, one for your father, one for you." she hands him the money and he runs out rapidly.

on the way to the store, he flips his cap backwards to look cool and then fixes the sleeves of his flannel.

he walks into the store and right away spotting harry wearing pine tree color shorts, a button up, and black worn out converse and talking to one of the employees.

harry turns his head a bit and sees zayn as well. then in the end, their eyes latched onto each other. harry smiles up at zayn, and zayn just waved hi.

zayn walks to harry who stopped talking to the employee. "hey harry."

"hi yah zayn." harry swayed left to right happily as his fingers intertwined themselves.

"what you up to on this fine day?" harry adds.

"fine day? harry have you not checked outside? it's hot." zayn says to harry who is crazy to even think if this day was fine.

"yeah i know. but i love it, the best time when you can sit back, get tanned, and drink a pepsi cola." harry concludes and sighs.

"yeah, i guess." zayn scratches the back of his neck.

"anyways, can you do me a favor?"

"it depends. what is it?"

"can you ... help me reach for some ... cherries?" harry asks shyly, hoping zayn doesn't refuse.

zayn smirks and then chuckles, "sure. come on."

harry smiles and grabs a hold of his hand and leads him to the fruit aisle where the cherries were at.

harry points up at the shelf and keeps his eye on it. "it's right there zayn, get i- woah!" harry gets picked up by zayn from the waist and up leveled to the shelf.

"zayn!" harry squeals.

"what? you said to help your reach for the cherries right? get them love." zayn kept holding onto the boy who wants to slip through his hands but zayn's got him.

"zayn! you know what i meant!" harry shouts lightly. he huffs out his breath and grabs the container filled with cherries.

after, zayn put him down and crosses his arms and smirks at harry who's cheeks were a shade of pink and little red, knowing he must be blushing.

"uhm, thanks." harry says awkwardly.

"anytime."

zayn walks away from him and grabs three colas from the cooler.

few minutes later after paying for the sodas, zayn hears harry call out for him. "zayn wait!"

harry scurried to zayn with a question that'd take zayn to the next level to friendship.

though, once harry got close to him, he pressed his lips together in a line and had second thoughts. he was too nervous to tell him, so instead he just didn't anything including that.

"yes harry?" zayn asks with a paper bag that holds three pepsi colas.

harry sighs, "have a great day."

zayn furrowed his eyebrows in confusion because harry probably was going to say something other than that, but he let it go.

"alright then." he tips his hat like a cowboy saying farewell and walks away back home, in the hot weather.