Chapter 5

Rose Marie's P.O.V.

Tonight was gonna be New Year's Eve party at Roger's house. I was excited because I never experienced this before, I never had big family reunions nor I felt like it was like, usually it was just me and my mother on the holidays. I only have been here for 2 days and I already feel part of the family. I never really went to parties before; tonight was going to start a new year with people I feel I love already.

I picked a dark red t long-sleeve velvet dress for tonight; it was very special to me because my mom got it for me on my 18th birthday. I grabbed the dress from my suitcase and placed it on the bed as walked towards the big the mirror. It looked at my face in the mirror slowly tracing my finger from my cheeks to my chin. I looked exactly like my mother except for my long blonde hair. My mom used to say it I got my hair color from my dad. Sometimes I wonder what I would've been to meet him. My mom was a great mother and she played her roll as both mom and dad to me but I secretly longed to have my father with me and my mom. I only had a picture of him, I carry it with me in my purse, it's like it gives me luck. My father was very good looking, that is why my mom always said 'You are the living picture of him' but I know that I looked like her more. He was blonde like me and Roger kind of reminds me of him, they have similar features which makes me see Roger as a father figure.

I was tracing my fingers through my blonde locks when I heard a sweet voice.

"Rosieeee" it almost sounded like Freddie sang it. I ran to his room and the door was open. I stepped inside and I saw him fixing his bow tie in front of huge mirror. He saw me through the reflection in the mirror and turned around to face me.

"Rosie can you help me choose a bow tie?" he said smiling at me and motioning at his bed full of different types of bows with different colors and designs. " I wanna wear a suit tonight"

"Yes Mr. fancy" I said jokingly and peeking at the bed of bows. He laughed and we started looking at the bows one by one.

"What do you think of this one dear?" he asked holding a pink satin bow.

"mmmmm " I said jokingly making an impression of fashion judge. " Are you going to a party or are you going to a dance the nutcracker?

He laughed, I loved his laugh. "OKAY OKAY, how about this one then?" He asked modeling a big light green bow.

"Eww" I made a gagging noise and then giggled. He laughed and shook his head.

"Okay then and what about this one?" he asked holding a blue one.

"Perfect!" I said grinning. "it fits you perfectly with the color of your skin" I said touching his cheek.

"Okay, I'll wear this one then" he said smiling; he looked so cute I felt myself melt.

"Good, hey I'm gonna get change because I see you're almost ready so I'll be back" I said and he nodded.

I got back to my room and put my dress on and heels on. I was about do my hair but I didn't know what to do with it. I've had the same hairstyle since I remember , sometimes I used to make braids with my long hair but that's pretty much it. It was such a hard decision for a simple situation.

I stood in front of the big mirror again "Freddieeeee" I had to do it too.

"In a minute!" he sang in a high pitch voice from the other room. I smiled and looked at my reflection, I was blushing, I had blushed because I saw myself smiling to the sound of his voice.

"Hurry up!" I laughed.

"Mr. Mercury is here ma'am" he said imitating my German accent as he stepped inside my room leaning against the wall.