Chapter 10

Freddie's P.O.V

After having those memories in my head, I couldn't help it, I tear ran down my cheek, I wanted to die right away, I decided to call Robert and inform him about all of this, I had totally forgotten to tell him about it since it caught us by surprise, I was thinking he could come and make me some company, I called him, his reaction was just as I imagined, "FREDDIE I TOLD YOU TO TAKE CARE OF MY ROSE!!" I was aware he had the right to feel that way. I had promised him I'd take good care of her, and I happened to disappoint him, that made me feel even guiltier. He arrived almost as soon as I called him.

"I just don't understand Freddie, how could she possibly disappear just like that?" He was still in shock.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know how happened" I sat on the sofa putting both hands on my face; I was on the verge of tears again.

"Tell me exactly what happened son" he said sitting next to me padding my back

"We were at Roger's wedding, she got up and never came back, just like that" I said recalling the worst night of my life.

"Freddie, Rose Marie is like a daughter to me, and I can understand how you feel, but in cases like these it's better to be prepared for the worse than believing other things, and later being disappointed" He was right, maybe I would never see her again and I had to live with that, but it will be hard, a challenge, something I was gonna be hurt about until the day I die.

"I know" I said in a low voice.

"Do you think she could have possibly had an emergency and left without having a chance to say anything?" Just then I realized there was a possibility.

"Well, that could be possible but she would've called don't you think?" I frowned.

"And what if she hasn't had the chance?"

"But you said she doesn't have any family or friends what kind of emergency could she possibly have?"

"What about her uncle? Remember he said he would come for her" Like Robert said, I didn't want to create a false hope but I really wanted to believe she reunited with her uncle.

"Yeah, maybe... but wait, what if he did something to her? What if she is in danger with him? What if he took her with him against her will? I was starting to create a scenario in my head.

"Freddie, why would her uncle take hurt her?" 

"Because you know what he said in that letter right? He said working with this 'creepy' man isn't for her" I said pointing to myself, "He said he would come 'get her', THAT is creepy, not me"

Robert started to think about all the possible theories , he got up from the sofa and walked towards the window, he stood there leaning against it rubbing his chin, he stayed in silence for a few minutes, then he turned to me and spoke.

"I don't want to create any false hopes either Freddie but... I'm almost sure her uncle came for her and took her with her other relatives, either that or he... kidnapped her"

He pronounced the last two words with a raspy voice, the possibility that it could have been true made me feel nauseous. Rosie would never leave anywhere without saying anything.

"I don't trust in the words of that man, Robert, now I think he took her away, he didn't want her to be with me"

"Do you still have the letter?"

"Yes I do, why?"

"I was thinking since he didn't write an address maybe you could check if he wrote a phone number or something"