Chapter 27

Freddie's P.O.V.

I understand Roger's shock when my reaction took him by surprise, but I had my reasons. I wasn't sure if I was ready to share them with him this soon, but I couldn't think of something else. I've learned a lot the last couple of years with Rose; and one of them is that she has a lot to give, and I'm just an average human being now. She's young and full of life. I wouldn't spend two days in a row at home when I was her age, and now she barely has time for herself since she's always taking care of me, the band, Celine, and even the band; she has adopted a role as an assistant of the band . I know she expects to have a husband when she gets home, and I honestly don't think I'm even half a husband. I loved Rose Marie with all my heart, and I rather give up everything for her.

"You're not even confronting her, are you?" Roger didn't seem to agree with me at all.

"Let her be"

"I guess I respect your decision. But aren't you curious to know who's the guy?"

I hadn't thought about that; I did felt jealous so I couldn't say I wanted to know.

"Of course not, dear"

There was an awkward silence from him.

"Are  we gonna watch our movies then?"

"Sure" he said. At least he was quiet all night, and Rosie and her girls would have their sleepover in peace; just like she wanted.

                                                      *********************************************

I woke up to the fresh smell of strawberry jam on toast-interrupted by my annoying coughing- on my bed.

"Good Morning" She went from sweet to worried as she witnessed my coughing.

"Good morning my love. That looks tasty" I said pulling the plate closer hoping I could distract her from what she just saw.

"We should call Robert today... just to see how you're doing" She noticed what I did there, and she was not happy.

"It's not necessary darling; I believe is you could just take my vitals that'd be enough"

"I won't discuss that. I'll call him today" I had forgotten everyone has to obey her in this house. I laughed internally.

"Alright then, I'm calling the photographer today too. You think you guys could start tomorrow?" Ha. At least I had to balance it.

"Only if you promise you'll be  present the whole time"

"Of course I will, Darling"

She seemed to be relaxed. I had had the feeling that maybe she was tense about it, but I think it was just me.

"So what did you and Roger do last night? We didn't hear from him all night; I must thank you for that"

Just then it hit me back; that conversation with Roger last night; I had almost forgotten about the other guy.

"No problem dear; I put my sleeping pills in his food" I joked.

"I hope you're kidding" She made that cute face she'd do when being silly with me.

"Hopefully I-"

"Eat your brakFast !" she gasped.

"It's BREAKFAST, honey" I giggled. She hated when she mispronounced.

"Finish your...food and get ready. I'll call Robert" she kissed my forehead and she left.

I was wondering. When did she find the time to see the other guy? That shit must have been hard to hide.