Fin.

Malia's POV

"Are you sure she's gone?" Stiles asks. I woke up half an hour ago and told Stiles what had happened with the desert wolf.

"Yes. I have this feeling she not going to bother us-", I stopped myself from saying for a while, "-anymore."

He looks at me for a while, contemplating whether I was lying or not, but my poker face was hard to see through. I couldn't tell Stiles what she had said. It'll never be over. What did she mean by that? It'll never be over. Her words echoed through my head so loudly that I didn't realize what Stiles had asked me.

"Malia?" He questions.

"Huh?" I respond. I look up at him. "Sorry. Um- spaced out." His gaze softened and he spoke a sentence that caused me to do a double take.

"So, we're safe, I guess." I quickly look at him.

"Stiles, I don't think we can ever have the pleasure of saying 'we're safe' and it actually happening." I respond and place my hand over his. I give it a small squeeze and he smiles half heartedly.

"I know, but-" He stops. "-nothing." He looks at me with sad eyes. Somehow I knew exactly what they were trying to tell me. He was angry he couldn't protect his pack. He was sad that he lost three important people in his life. He was tired. Both physically and emotionally. He hadn't slept properly in weeks, figuring out the desert wolf's next move. He was entirely done with seeing the people he cares about get hurt. He was tired of feeling helpless. And I couldn't say I wasn't the same. It'll never be over. A movement pulls me out of my thoughts.

Stiles stands from the chair he was sitting on. I send him a small smile and he returns it by placing a kiss on my forehead. He then turns and walks out of the room, leaving me all alone.

***********************

After a while of thinking, Scott came in to tell me we were leaving. Liam and I were better. Our wounds healing, but rather quickly. The short journey from the animal clinic to Stiles house was too silent for a sane person to cope with. The only sound we heard were Roscoe's tires hitting the gravel road. Inside the car, no voices spoke. Showing no sign of life. But the beating hearts in my head reminded me I wasn't alone. Scott, Dawn and Liam rode in the back. The two freshmen dreamily gazing out the window, while the alpha werewolf nervously played with his fingers. I awkwardly sat in the passenger seat, watching Stiles' stressed form hunch over the wheel. Finally we arrived at the Stilinski household. Inside we all parted ways. Dawn and Liam spoke in hushed voices in the living room, while Stiles longingly stared out the kitchen window. He sat in a chair with his head in his hands.

"Is he okay?" Scott whispers. I turn to see Scott with a worried expression plastered on his face. I turn back to Stiles.

"I-I don't know. He's been acting weird ever since I told him about my fight with the desert wolf." Scott nods and begins walking towards Stiles, but I grab his arm. He looks down at my hand and then up at me. "Let me talk to him." I watch how his expression changes,"Please." He reluctantly backs away and I remove my hand. He looks at me one last time before walking into the living room. I slowly walk up to him. "Stiles?" He looks up and realizes it me, he then goes back to gazing out the window. "Wh- Are you okay?" I ask. He doesn't respond. "Sti-," I get cut off when he grabs my wrist and stands up. He quickly walks up to his room, opens the door, walks in and slams it shut again.

"I just can't take it anymore, Malia." He finally says with his hands gripping at his hair. He begins to pace the room. "I-I just can't." His voice now sounded like he was on the verge of tears. "Not anymore." He starts mumbling to himself.