part five

Lily made her way out of the Great Hall and up to the Gryffindor Common Room, everyone was heading outside to sit in the sun, a rare occurrence in Scotland but she had so much work to do for the next week, that she had passed the offer. There corridors were nearly empty, for everyone could be found outside at the warmest part of the day, on what Lily suspected was the warmest day of the year, and she had to write an essay, great. Just as she reached the common room she remembered something, neither Marlene or Sirius were at breakfast, which wasn't exactly shocking as neither of them got out of bed before noon on a Sunday, however neither of them had been at lunch either, and that was a rare occurrence, for Sirius especially.

The common room was empty, or very near to it. Lily walked over to the corner of the room, to the sofa where Marlene and Sirius thought they couldn't be seen by anyone, Lily however knew better.

"Excuse me." Lily muttered, coughing to get their attention.

Marlene and Sirius pulled apart and laughed, Merlin help them.

"Sirius, James wants you, something to do with Peter and Remus and the squid.." Lily made up, though no doubt they would have some sort of plans that involved all of these things.

"What he agreed to it?!" Sirius asked, jumping to his feet.

"Yeah, sure why not." Lily agreed, nodding her head.

"No way, that's amazing Lily, I can't believe it!" Sirius walked over to her and kissed her, before running out of the room faster than the time he found out that Marlene was skinny dipping in the lake.

"What just happened?" Marlene asked, as Lily flopped down onto the sofa next to her, and looked out of the window onto the school's grounds below.

"I have no idea, I made it up," Lily laughed.

"Sirius will be pissed when he finds out." Marlene warned, then she laughed. "But then again he did kiss you."

"Oh he's wanted to do that for a while, James said not to worry if he does, completing a circle or something? No idea, as long as I don't catch some sort of STD it's okay, and as long as it doesn't become a regular thing either." Lily said pulling a disgusted face and wiping her lips.

Lily looked back at Marlene, properly for the first time in days. She was sat in shorts and Sirius' hoodie with her hair pulled back, she had minimal makeup and if Lily imagined it she could almost pretend that it was fifth year, and the biggest problems they had were OWLS.

"Did you speak to him?" Lily asked.

Marlene sighed. "Yes."

"And what did he say?"

"It's all a bit confusing."

"Do not wind me up Marls." Lily said sternly. "All I know is that there were two of you in the boys dorm last night, Pete was on the floor in our room bless him. And you're wearing his clothes, what happened?"

"I spoke to him, I didn't tell him of course. Me, you and Fabian are the only ones who know that I slept with Fabian anyway, and none of us are going to tell Sirius, so he won't find out for a while."

"Then how the hell are you going to be honest with him? In fact, what did you tell him?"

"I just told him that things happened between me and someone because I was confused about where we were, I didn't think we were exclusive, don't pull that face. He didn't buy it either if it makes you feel any better."

"When he didn't buy it what did you tell him?"

"So we were lay on his bed, talking about things, and he was playing with my hair and of course I wasn't thinking straight and he saw the hickey again, and he froze up. Said that I couldn't keep this from him any longer, and if I cared about him at all I would be honest with him. I said to him that I was confused about where we were and like I said before, he just called it bullshit on the spot. And I told him the real reason I got with Fabian. He makes me so nervous, I know that he could be with any girl he wanted to, because he's bloody gorgeous and he's so charming and I know what he used to be like, we all do and I don't trust him, so I told him. And he asked how me being with someone else would help that."