part seven

"Where are Marlene and Sirius?" Remus asked before filling his mouth full of food. His question was directed towards anyone who had the answer, but there were only two people who knew that. Dorcas shrugged.

"Not sure, haven't seen them since this morning." Em replied, before looking over at Lily with a questioning look in her eye. Lily had to give it to her, she didn't miss a trick. Lily subtly told Em that she would explain later, with the SOS motion they had developed for situations that the boys just didn't need to know about.

"Oh god, I forgot they're doing that thing, right?" Lily said.

"Oh yeah.. that thing!" She said, half heartedly rolling her eyes. Lily kicked Emmeline under the table.

"Ouc- I mean yeah that thing that they planned! You know Remus that one.." She trailed off, before kicking Lily back under the table.

"The anniversary thing? That's not till tomorrow. I didn't know Sirius went through with that, did you James?" Remus said innocently, not realising what he had just announced. James looked at Lily's suddenly interested face and sighed.

"Rem?" Dorcas asked, sliding closer to him on the bench and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Oh shit, they didn't know did they?" Remus said looking up at James with a guilty look on his face. James shook his head and held up his hands.

"Moony mate, you're getting yourself out of this one. I'm going to quidditch practice, see you later?" James said, standing up.

"Sure thing." Lily grinned before turning her attention back to Remus.

"So fancy letting us in on this one?" Emmeline asked, leaning into the conversation.

Remus looked up at Frank, who was sat on the other side of Dorcas and mouthed 'help.' Frank laughed and got up, "I'm outta here man, before you dig the hole even deeper."

Remus sighed as Dorcas slid her hand onto his thigh. "Don't you dare." He whispered looking up at her.

"What?" She asked, faking innocence. "I haven't done anything wrong Remus!" Dorcas giggled as she moved her hand up his leg. He flushed red.

"Okay stop, I'll tell you." He looked over at Dorcas. "I'm not kidding, do not tease me like that." He said.

"Alright alright you two can finish whatever that was later, what was he going to do?!" Emmeline asked, excited.

"Well you know it's been a year since Marlene conned Sirius into admitting he had feelings for her?"

"No hunny," Lily started. "We all know how that happened, I don't know what Sirius told you but she didn't con anything out of him." The girls laughed and Remus looked around, confused.

"Why what happened?"Remus asked.

"They were having sex and Sirius told her he loved her, not this or it, he said straight up that he loved her." Emmeline informed Remus, very matter of factly.

Remus went from shocked to amused. "Then what?"

"Then she told him they couldn't carry on they way they were if he meant it. And we know how bad he is at lying to her."Emmeline laughed.

"But when Lily and I caught them they said they weren't in a relationship?" Remus was now very confused.

"Okay okay, let me continue this story." Lily said.

"From the beginning? I love this story a lot." Dorcas grinned and leaned forward. "You always tell it so well Lils."

"Of course, anything for you Doe." She winked. "We all know that they started getting together, having sex in fifth year right? In broom closets and anywhere they didn't think anyone would catch them. But they couldn't keep their hands off each other, so when they both excused themselves from a History of Magic lesson at the end of fifth year, I also excused myself and they were literally doing it in the corridor outside. They swore on the spot that it was a one time thing, but I didn't really believe them, they were too familiar with the concept you know? They got out of the lesson so easily it was almost like clockwork. I was sat with Remus in History of Magic at the start of sixth year, remember? It happened again, they both left and came back twenty minutes later. At first I thought maybe they were just talking, but no. Marls' skirt was on backwards." All four of them were laughing at the memory.