part twenty-seven

On their last evening at Hogwarts the marauders all met in the Room of Requirement, lounging about, reminiscing about their years at Hogwarts, sharing their favourite memories.

"One of the funniest memories I have is still the day Sirius found out about periods aged 14," Marlene laughed grinning at her boyfriend.

"I don't think you've ever actually told us that full story?" Remus puzzled, looking at his other friends for conformation. Sirius groaned in response.

"So as most of you know Sirius and I had a casual arrangement in lower years-" Marlene started to explain but was interrupted by Lily.

"You mean you lost your virginity to him, then you shagged casually for years?" Lily asked.

Marlene gave Lily daggers, "I suppose you're not wrong Lils, but if we are talking about me losing my virginity we are definitely talking about you losing yours!" Marlene shot back.

"6th year, yes Marlene two whole years after you! James." Lily readily admitted.

"I can vouch for that." James grinned, "Same for me, except with Lily not myself.. obviously.."

Emmeline who was next to James groaned, "I guess we are going round the circle now aren't we?"

Every laughed and started to urge Emmeline to tell them, while Marlene, Alice, Dorcas and Lily all looked across the group at each other, wondering if any of them knew who it was. When Lily realised that none of them knew she asked the boys if they knew, they too shook their heads.

"Boy was Gideon in 5th year, girl was Mary in the summer between 4th and 5th year." Emmeline admitted.

"GIDEON?!" Marlene and Lily screeched at the same time, clearly in shock at the news.

"But you HATE Gideon!" Dorcas added.

"And now you know why.." Emmeline laughed. "Also, I've got some bad news."

Marlene pointed her finger at Emmeline, "Don't you dare say what I think you're about to say Miss Vance!"

"It was on your bed Marlene" Emmeline replied. The group laughed while Marlene looked disgusted at the news.

Alice and Frank were next, and both had lost theirs together at the end of 5th year. Then Remus who blushed a deep crimson and refused to speak about it.

"Such a Gentleman" Marlene had muttered, "Basically the polar opposite of Black over here." Sirius smiled at Marlene, "You know you love me McKinnon."

Dorcas who was next to Remus filled in the blanks, "Most of you know anyway I think.. But Remus in 6th year." She said, holding his hand as he refused to look up from the floor.

Sirius laughed as he announced that Marlene was his, "Yes in fourth year Prongs, yes I know we were a bit young.."

Peter next shifted in his seat awkwardly, looking desperately to Sirius for help so Sirius continued, "Wormtail with the Hufflepuff who was a year older in was it 5th or 6th year Pete?"

"6th." Peter had sheepishly announced to the group.

And that made the full circle, where Marlene impatiently asked if she could continue now, "So anyway before I was rudely interrupted by Lily I was reminding everyone that Sirius had no awareness of the female reproductive system until I explained it to him, at aged 14. Basically he was after a shag, and was confused when I told him I couldn't because it was that time of the month, in fact he actually tried to tell me that if I was a werewolf like Remus, that it was ok and he would help me. I had to explain that my cycle was slightly different to Remus'.."

Sirius shuddered in his seat frowning at the memory. "I would argue that McKinnon you are worse on your period than Moony at full moon, and I won't apologise for it."

The group laughed, mostly agreeing with Sirius about Marlene.

"My favourite moment was the skinny dipping in the lake last summer." Sirius said smirking. "Nothing better than seeing you girls naked if you ask me." Sirius was hit with 3 hexes at once from James, "No more comments about naked Lily.", Emmeline, "Just because, any excuse is good enough.." and Marlene "You deserve that one.." And nobody disagreed with Marlene, though they all agreed it was one of their best memories.

"Its so strange that we are going to get on that train tomorrow, and we will probably never come back." James said as the group fell silent.

"I'm really going to miss you guys." Lily agreed.

And after that the group drank silently for a while, knowing that nothing more needed to be said. Then they walked back to the common room, said their goodbyes to the other Gryffindor's promising to stay in touch, spent some time playing wizard chess or reading, then went up to the boys dorms, and drank like troopers knowing they would pay for the hangover tomorrow but also knowing that there was a chance they would never drink and have fun together like they had at Hogwarts again.

AN: I am carrying this story on.. if you guys want me to!? - Sx xx