part thirty

Emmeline was the first to leave, still dragging her trunk behind her she waved goodbye to her friends finally relaxed now that James had calmed down. Her sister had called in for a drink, well what was left of the drink. They had all sat about chatting, not really thinking about anything. But Lily noticed Marlene was driving Sirius crazy. It had taken her a while to figure out why Sirius looked so tense, then she saw Marlene and knew. Lily wondered if she was doing it on purpose, then Marlene caught her eye and winked, and Lily knew the answer to that question.

Lily and James were sat together on the floor in the living room, which the kitchen looked out over. Marlene was at on the breakfast counter, her long legs swinging as she continued to sip fire whiskey. Now, Marlene could drink a lot of fire whiskey, but Sirius was amazed by the amounts she was drinking tonight, he couldn't decide if she was drowning her sorrows or trying to drink his entire stash, or both. Or maybe she was just happy she could finally drink again. He smiled as he watched her, he moved towards her with one thing on his mind.

Lily quickly tried to explain to James what was about to happen, and he admitted that he hadn't actually noticed. Of course he hadn't.

"No!" Marlene immediately said to Sirius, knowing what the look on his face meant.

"What why.." Sirius asked, pouting.

"Because we are right here. That's why." Lily said her eyebrows raised at Sirius.

"Oh come on you've both heard us before!" Sirius reminded them.

Marlene and Sirius laughed at the looks on their friends faces, of disgust, shock and horror all in one.

Lily and James both made a unanimous decision to leave and made their way towards the front door, and no James said, it wasn't just because he was scared of Marlene and Sirius having sex near him again. But Lily disagreed, she did not want to listen to that again thank you very much. The door slammed shut behind the pair and Sirius was already across the room, heading towards Marlene.

She saw him coming and stood onto the counter so he couldn't reach her giggling at her boyfriend.

"You have been driving me insane all night McKinnon! Don't deny it you've been doing it on purpose.. that bloody pencil skirt." Sirius said pointing at the skirt.

"I was wondering if it was working.." Marlene grinned looking at her boyfriend, who was now stood beside the counter.

"Of course it's bloody working." Sirius muttered.

Marlene jumped off the work surface and slid her arms around Sirius.

"Don't start this then leave." He threatened knowing Marlene.

"I think it's already working." She said, an eyebrow raised as she looked up at her boyfriend.

Before Marlene could process what was happening Sirius was kissing her and pushing her up against the wall, running his hands through her hair and before she could think about what she was doing Marlene was kissing him back and pushing him towards the bedroom. Or rather, the mattress on the floor in what she supposed was the bedroom.

"Romantic." Marlene muttered as they fell onto the mattress in the empty room.

They continued to kiss, and things got heated when Sirius mumbled, "I haven't got one.." Yet he continued to kiss Marlene, and continued to remove her shirt.

She pulled back, "A condom?"

"No a dick, of course a condom, do you see a bedside cabinet in this room?" Sirius joked, continuing to unbutton her shirt.

"Sirius-"

"Marls-"

"We shouldn't Sirius.."

"It's fine, what're the odds?" Sirius murmured.

Marlene kissed him back, he took it as agreement and gave up with her shirt ripping it off, just managing to hear her mutter, "Good job I don't bloody need it anymore isn't it..  You better not get me pregnant again Black..."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The next morning Marlene woke with sunlight in her face and groaned, her head was banging. She took a moment to remember where she was, she felt the arm around her waist, and the body behind her and remembered the events of the previous day.

"Too much fire whiskey." She mumbled turning to face Sirius.

"I'm not surprised." He whispered, clearly still half asleep.

"What now Sirius." Marlene asked looking at him closely.

"Breakfast." He replied kissing her before sliding out of bed in his boxers towards the kitchen.

She pulled on his shirt then followed him through, "your fridge.. was empty." She said frowning at the full fridge.

"Almost like magic." Sirius grinned.

Sirius managed to cook breakfast, bacon and eggs while Marlene distracted him and made coffee. She danced around the kitchen with a cigarette in her hand in his shirt singing loudly.

Sirius smiled to himself, finally feeling content. Content and free.