The Frozen River

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

    The ice crumpled away in glaciers as the river melted. We all stood on a cliff above the river, watching it break away. I looked at Peter for a second, and he nodded.
"We have to hurry, come on." He declared.
"Couldn't you make a dam?" Lucy asked, and Mr. Beaver shook his head.
"Wait a second, Dear, this isn't a bakery."
"Come on!" Peter rushed, grabbing Lucy's hand, who quickly grabbed mine, pulling us behind him.
"Wait!" Susan called, grabbing onto my other arm, stopping all three of us. "Why don't we think about it for a moment?"
"We don't have time." I said, and she looked offended, making me feel bad. She only wanted to help, I shouldn't be so harsh.
"I'm just trying to be reasonable." She defended in a quiet tone, making Peter glare at her.
"Oh, so Anna and I are idiots?" He snapped, making her look at him in shock. "Thank you very much." He said sarcastically, before pulling me and Lucy down once again.
"Come on, Susan!" I called. She opened her mouth to protest, but was cut off by a wolf howl in the distance. My eyes widened, and I quickly got out of Lucy's grip and ran to my older sister. "Come on!" I grabbed her hand, and then we all made our way down to the bottom. Mr. Beaver went first, followed closely by Mrs. Beaver. Peter was right behind them, with Lucy following. I was right behind her, and Susan behind me. The path down was pretty steep and dangerous to go down because of the snow, making it slippery. Lucy slipped couple of times, as well as Susan, but I managed to catch them every time. Once we got down, we had to jump off a rock. The Beavers quickly did so, followed by Peter. I then stepped in front of Lucy, and put my hands on his shoulders, whilst he grabbed me around the waist, letting me jump down safely. We then both turned around and held out our hands, making Lucy place hers in each one of ours, and got her down safely. The two of them then stepped closer towards the river, whilst I helped Susan down. We shared a quick look and nod, and then we stepped forward as well.
    We all watched in horror as the ice on the river continued to brake away, and the strong currents pushed it away even faster. Peter looked at the ice, and then carefully placed his foot on the ice. I quickly pulled him back though, because the ice crumpled beneath him.
"Wait, it's better if I go first." Mr. Beaver said, and Peter nodded quickly.
"Maybe you're right." Mr. Beaver then carefully stepped onto the ice, and started tapping his feet and his tale on it, making sure it was safe to step on it. My eyes widened when the ice cracked.
"And what was your purpose in eating all of our food?!" Mrs. Beaver scolded him, making him turn around.
"I thought that if I get full I won't be nervous!" He called back to her. "But it didn't quite work out." He muttered to himself after he turned back around. He continued to make his way further down, and I shared a quick look with Peter. My brother then took a careful step onto the ice. Lucy, who was holding his hand, followed closely behind, with Mrs. Beaver on their tails. Susan then stepped forward, and I followed behind her. We all were being as careful as possible, because there was a huge possibility that the ice could break beneath us, and that would result in us falling into the water. Every once and then the ice would crack, making us gasp. Suddenly the ice crumpled beneath me, making me give a scream of surprise. Peter gasped once he heard it, and quickly pulled me to his side.
"If Mom had seen us..." Susan mumbled, causing Peter to turn around sharply and glare at her.
"Mom's not here!" He snapped, making her shut her mouth.
'They're already here!!" Lucy yelled, making us all look up. Sure enough, the wolfs were running on top of the cliff, right above the frozen waterfall.
"Hurry!" Peter urged, grabbing my hand, and pulling me and Lucy with him.
"Run!!!" Susan yelled as we ran on the cracking ice, and the wolfs ran down the cliff. We all suddenly cam to a stop, and Lucy screamed, as the wolfs got to the very bottom, and jumped in front of us, blocking our way. I whipped around as I heard Susan gasp. There were wolfs behind us too, disabling us from backing away. Not only that, but the ice behind us has already broken away, and the only thing left was the rushing river. I quickly got out of Peter's grip and ran carefully to Susan, and stood in between her, and the wolfs and the water. I heard Mr. Beaver growl, as well as one of the wolfs in the front.
"No!!" I heard Mrs. Beaver yell, making me turn my head. What I saw made me gasp and made my eyes widen. Mr. Beaver was held down on the ground by one of the wolfs, and had sharp teeth dug into his neck, as well as a paw on his side.. Peter glanced at me for a second, and then quickly unsheathed his sword, holding it in both of his hands in front of him.
"Put that away, son." Maugrim taunted, making Peter push Lucy further behind him. "You might get hurt."
"Don't worry about me! Run him through!!" Mr. Beaver yelled, causing the wolf that was holding him down to tighten his grip.
"Leave this place, and we'll give you your brother back." Maugrim lied.
"What are you doing?!" I heard Susan yell, probably to Peter. "Let's speak with him!!" She yelled, making my eyes widen, and Maugrim chuckled in triumph.
"Smart girl."
"Don't listen to him!! Kill!! Kill him!!!" Mr. Beaver yelled.
"Oh, stop it. This is not your war. All the Queen wants is for you to get your family and get out of here." Maugrim said.
"Just because some man gave you a piece of metal, doesn't yet mean that you're a knight!! JUST DROP IT!!" Susan continued to yell.
"No! Narnia needs you!! Kill him while you have the chance!!" Mr. Beaver yelled, trying to get out of the wolf's grip.
"Make your decision, Son of Adam." Maugrim said, and I heard him step closer. "I won't be waiting any longer. And neither will the river." he growled.
"THE WATERFALL!!!" I heard Lucy yell, and I whipped around, looking up. The frozen waterfall started crumbling, and water started shooting through the cracks in ice. The ice was about to melt, and the waterfall was about to fall down on us.
"Peter!!" I yelled, and we shared a quick look.
"Hold onto me!!" He yelled, and I quickly grabbed his shoulder. Susan and Lucy grabbed onto him from his other side. Peter then rose his sword in the air, and brought it down, piercing the ice. Once he brought it down, he dropped to his knees, along with me, Susan, and Lucy, and we all sharply looked up at the melting waterfall in horror. And then the water shot through, and all of the ice crumpled down. A huge wave of water covered us, sending us underwater.