Chapter 10 - Carefree Days

The best foundation for relationships to grow, flourish, and succeed is a deep-rooted friendship.―Jonathan Anthony Burkett

Chapter 10 - Carefree Days

Chandler's POV:

Mason's takes hold of my hands, keeping them from their fidgety, antsy behavior. "I don't know what to do," I excitedly chirp out. I check the time on my phone and look back at him with my eyes I'm sure are the size of saucers. "I get to have you all to myself for the next 47 hours and 32 minutes."

"I think I like this nervous energy of yours. It's kind of fun." His smirky smile makes me laugh, and I burn off a little energy, letting him kiss the hell out of me.

"So, how would you like to spend your next 47 hours and 32 minutes, sorry 29 minutes?" He asks with his lips still pressed against mine.

"I don't know. I just want to be with you."

"How about we go grab lunch around the corner, and we can discuss our options in a place where I don't have the overwhelming urge to be wrapped up in your body." The sound of his voice was playful, but the look in his eyes when his thumb touched my cheek was pure adoration.

"Lunch sounds good, but..."

"But, what?"

"We will be coming back here to do the wrapping up part, right?"

"Most definitely."

We bypass a few different restaurants on the way to a great little seafood place a few blocks from the hotel. With the comfort of long time friends and the playfulness of young lovers, we enjoy each other's company. A little handholding, a little window-shopping, and a little people-watching makes for a pleasant stroll to lunch.

Our waitress is a cute perky college student that can't keep her eyes off of Mason as she takes our order. I watch her face as she stares at him with a look of pure lust. His shirt is snug against his muscled chest, his dark hair and short beard intensify his amazing green eyes, and his full lips move to show his easy smile. He is beautiful.

Mason doesn't acknowledge the attention; he keeps his eyes on the menu or on me, never noticing the gawking teen.

"What are you smirking about?" He asks as our waitress places our order.

"You."

"What about me?" He gives me a cute look with squinted eyes and twisted eyebrows.

"Did you even notice our waitress looking at you like she won the lottery?"

"She did?" He playfully looks around the restaurant searching for our waitress, and I swat his arm. The laugh that escapes his mouth reminds me of the sweet, slightly mischievous boy he was in high school.

Most of our lunch conversation revolves around things to do in Boston. The few times I've been here, it has been short visits and no time for site seeing. The one spring break I spent here with Mason and Addy, almost three years ago, we ended up going to Nantucket for the week. So, just like Mason in Memphis, I get to be tourist for a day.

"Ok then. Since it's such a nice day, we'll start with a walking tour of Boston and have dessert at Quincy Market."

"That sounds great."

Mason's hand finds a home in the small of my back as we walk to the nearest subway station. "You know I don't get to do this when I'm with Grandfather."

"What hold your grandfather like this?"

"Funny," he says as he quirks up his eyebrows. "No, ride the subway."