Chapter 22 - Honor and Honesty

A/N: This chapter has been edited to fit within the guidelines of PG-13. If you care to read the original chapter, I have made a separate story for the restricted chapters.

----

A major part of love is commitment. If we are committed to someone, if I'm committed to loving you, then it's not possible for me to 'fall out of love.' - Bell Hooks

Chapter 22 - Honor and Honesty

Mason's POV:

"You still haven't heard from her?" Rachel asks. I just shake my head, and she gives me a solemn face and heads back to her office.

Each time I've left a message, all I get is an 'I love you, and I miss you' text as a reply. My mind is trying to imagine her reaction if she sees the news before I get in touch with her.

Chandler's POV:

Three days in New Orleans is torture. When I joked that I wouldn't have time to sneeze, I had no idea that it would be the truth. Between working with Jennifer Selznick, my replacement for this account, and finishing a station analysis, I have barely gotten twelve hours of sleep the whole time I've been here. At least, Peoria will be a little less hectic.

The cab driver startles me when he opens the door, I must have fallen asleep on the way to the airport. Rousing from the vehicle, I give him money for the fare, and he hands me my luggage. "Get some rest," he tells me before he gets back in the cab to leave.

With luggage checked and boarding pass in hand, I make my way to my gate. There's still thirty minutes before they will call for my plane, so I stop to grab a bottle of water and a small snack. A corner picture on the front of a tabloid catches my eye, and my heart races out of my chest.

I pull out my phone and check voice mail. It's full, and unable to save anymore calls. Most are from Mason, a few from my dad, Ms. Emily, Michael, Deana, and Rachel, but all of the in the last three days. I guess I know what this is about.

I shoot Mason a text - I guess I now know what all of the phone calls are about -

As soon I hit send, he's calling. I hit ignore. My brain needs a moment to catch up with my heart, or my heart needs time to slow down to my brain, because right now I can't breathe and think at the same time.

I text again - I've got a lot of work to do. We'll talk when I get back -

Mason's POV-

My phone beeps with: I guess I know what all the phone calls are about. I immediately call Chandler to talk. She needs to know what has happened, since she left. She won't pick up, and there is no way to leave a message. I get another text that makes my heart ache. She's blowing me off.

Walking down the hall to Rachel, "She texted. She just now saw it. She won't answer my calls."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm headed to the airport. I'm telling Mr. Cahill it's an emergency."

"Good luck," she calls as I leave the doorway.