Chapter 27 - You've Got Some Explainin' To Do

Don't wish me happiness - Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor - I will need them all. -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Chapter 27 - You've Got Some Explainin' To Do

Chandler's POV-

"You know Mason has the authority to hire anyone for any position under his management without getting approval. He's been asked to go to my dad as a courtesy for upper management positions, such as yours, but he has complete authority in the hiring." I give her a strange look. If he has the ability, then why put me through all the hoops?

"He asked me to be the official interviewer for you," she says with a smile. "And you see how formal that turned out."

For a stiff bitchy woman, I like that she actually has a heart.

"He didn't think you would accept the job if it only came from him, as if he was hiring you as a favor." Her words float over me as if Mason, himself, were sitting in the room agreeing with her. "I can tell you; you would not be my first choice if I was in charge of the section. I think you're too young and lack the experience needed for the corporate world, but your insight and intellect is impressive.

"After talking to you, I support Mason's decision more because I can see the direction he's wanting to take company, and you would be an asset to move his ideas forward. That being said, you have my support 100%. I do suggest you might want to hire a senior exec that has experience to help balance your decisions."

"Thank you."

Walking up the flight of stairs back to Mason's floor, I feel ready to face him. He will understand when I choose not to discuss my meeting with Mr. Cahill, as I have always understood his silence. I will only ask him for a reprieve for the weekend, as long as we have guests, that should give me time to contemplate every part of our meeting.

Mason is standing near Tonya's desk as she hands him an envelope and what looks like a keycard, but it could be a credit card. He smiles at me, and even though I feel unsure of my meeting with his grandfather, I can't help but mirror the look he aims at me. I love this man.

"How did it go?" He barely contains his happiness.

"Fine, what's gotten into you?"

"Just a .... happy, I guess. Are you ready to go?" I nod. "Let's go act as referees, shall we?"

He jokes all the way home about what he thinks Addy is doing to Edward, and how Edward will never learn not to mess with her. When he dared to ask himself how Addy would like the pubs he's chose for the crawl, he got nervous. "She's going to be fine. Just make sure Edward understands he's needed to help. He's 25, it's about time he mans up, at least for the night."

"Ok, thanks."

Mason's POV-

When she walked up to Tanya's desk, I couldn't help but see how happy she was. That alone is a relief, which means her meeting with Grandfather, went well. Not that I was expecting him to act badly in front of her, but with him upset with me, I don't wager a guess on his behavior.

The deep kiss she lets me steal before we enter my apartment will have to tie me over until later - much later. She's not much for big public displays of affection, but what I get in private more than makes up for it.

"You ready?" She asks with her hand planted on the knob. I nod as if expecting it to open on its own.

Addy is dancing around the kitchen making a late lunch, complaining to herself about something she can't find. Unfortunately she's not loud enough for me to offer any assistance before she squeals, being startled at our presence. If she weren't completely full of fear when our eyes meet, it would have been hysterical.