Chapter 11

Not only was Pansy watching Luna, but Hermione was watching Draco. She wasn't going to say anything because she realized how much Draco meant to Luna, but she really didn't want Malfoy hurting her friend. Of course, Pansy was watching Luna for more selfish reasons.

*                     *                     *                     *

'Dear Luna,
Tonight at 11? Room o/ R.
Your friend,
DM'.

Draco sends the owl to Luna, hoping she will reply with a "yes".

Luna is greeted first thing in the morning by an owl pecking at the window. She looks at it and sees that the envelope is addressed "Luna Lovegood". She smiles when she reads it. On the back of the piece of parchment, she replies:

'See you there!!!
Your friend forever,
L. Lovegood'.

*                     *                     *                     *

Draco sits down with Luna, Ginny, and Hermione without paying a second glance to Pansy, who was obviously boiling with anger. "How annoying", Ginny says frowning! "What", Hermione asks? "Quidditch tryouts this weekend. Seeing as I am the Team Captain, I'll need to be there, and while I do love Quidditch, I don't think that anyone is actually planning on trying out for the team". "Slytherin isn't even forming a team this year", Draco tells them. "Why is that", Hermione asks? "Don't reckon we'll have enough players. Plus, nobody seems to be focused on sports anymore. I personally think we need things to distract us, but most find these things less important now", Draco explains. "While I agree that after the things people have experienced in the Wizarding World, everyday activities may seem slightly less significant, I don't think we should stop them all together. Why should we just give up something we love because it starts looking childish compared to other things you've witnessed", Luna says?! "I myself am not a big fan of Quidditch, but it does disappoint me that people who are good at it have suddenly lost interest".

*                     *                     *                     *

Pansy walks by, dropping a note beside Luna's foot. She picks it up, reading it so Draco can't see.

'What did I tell you?'

Again, a Pansy petal was attached, probably as some kind of signature.

*                     *                     *                     *

        Luna shoves the note into her pocket and resumes the conversation with her friends.

*                     *                     *                     *

Classes go by as usual, but Draco isn't paying attention. He is thinking about getting to see Luna tonight. 'I wonder what the Room of Requirements will appear as this time', he thinks. "Draco", Pansy whispers, pulling him from his thoughts. "I was thinking maybe you could spend Christmas with me and my family this year. We'd be more than happy to have you".  "Christmas? Is that coming up", Draco asks?  "Yes, it is. So you're coming to my place for Christmas"?  "Actually, I think I'm going to stay at Hogwarts this year", Draco says. 

* * * *

           "Are you sure you don't want to come home with me for the holiday's", Pansy asks as they make their way to the Slytherin portrait?  "I'm sure, Pansy. I bet their will be someone here to keep me company". "What, is that Lovegood girl staying here", Pansy questions? "Haven't asked. I'd assume she's going to spend time with her father", Draco shrugs.  "When are you going to call it off with her"?  "We aren't together", Draco replies.