Chapter 29

A/N: Just wanted you all to know that this fanfic is almost over. Oh yeah, and this is about a week later (in the story ofc)

* * * *

'Hermione,
Please come back. I understand that you hate me and stuff, I hate myself right now. But meet me at the Three Broomsticks at noon so we can at least talk this through.
I love and miss you,
Ron Weasley'.

* * * *

He is waiting for her when she walks into the Three Broomsticks. Ron's face lights up as he sees her. "You came", he exclaims! She gives a small smile, "You wanted to talk"? "Please just listen to everything I have to say, then kill me or whatever because you probably want to right now", he begins. She doesn't reply. "I love you. I know, you may not actually believe that, but I really, really do. Yes, I lied to you, and I can't give you a good reason why. But when I can, soon hopefully, you will laugh at my stupidity. I know that there is no way to fully repay you for all of this, but I love you. And if you don't want to stay with me, I just want to remember that". She blinks. "Please, just say something- anything". "I love you, Ronald", Hermione whispers.

* * * *

"She's back", Harry exclaims when her and Ron apparate to the doorstep of 12 Grimmauld Place. Hermione blushes slightly, "Yeah". Ginny bounces down the stairs and hugs her happily, "I'm so glad you've came to your senses". Hermione glares at her, and Teddy tugs at her hand. "Can I show you something"? Hermione smiles and nods.

* * * *

He gives her a finger-painted picture of all of them together- Harry, Ron, Ginny, her, and Teddy. "Things were weird without you", Teddy tells her. "How so", she asks? "Uncle Ron was sad, he didn't eat meals with us. He didn't do very much of anything, really. Mummy Ginny and Daddy Harry fought over it. Daddy Harry seemed to agree with you, but Mummy Ginny agreed with Uncle Ron", Teddy explains. "And how were you", Hermione asks? "I missed you. But it's okay now because you are back! You are staying, aren't you", Teddy replies? Hermione smiles slightly, "I hope so".

* * * *

"Be glad Hermione's back, Ginny isn't a very good cook", Harry jokes and Ginny sticks out her tongue. Hermione laughs and walks into the kitchen, where Ron is waiting for her. "I'm helping with dinner tonight", he tells her. She raises an eyebrow suspiciously, but says nothing. Instead, she begins filling serving cup portions of vegetables and a larger sized meat. "Desert", Ron asks hopefully? She puts fudge on the dishes. He pours the tea and they carry the food to the table, finding Ginny pressed close to Harry. "Yuck", Ron exclaims and they pull apart. "Please, you're just jealous", Ginny snaps. "Oh, yes. Very jealous. Because all I want in life is to be pressed up against Harry Potter", Ron rolls his eyes. "You know what I meant"! They begin to eat.

* * * *

"Will you please talk to me...alone", Ron asks? "After you eat your vegetables", Hermione tells him. He pulls out his wand, shrinking his vegetables until he could barely see them, then swallows them without having to chew. "Okay, Ron", she rolls her eyes. He grabs her hand and takes her to his room.  Look, Ron, I want to take things slow-", she begins. He gets down on one knee, "Hermione Jean Granger, will you marry me"? She smiles and nods. He slips the ring on her finger and whispers, "Very slow, Hermione".  She laughs. "This is why I lied to you. I wanted to make money for this ring, and I wanted to be able to buy gifts for you, three years was to long of a wait for me", he adds. "I wish I had known! I treated you so badly", Hermione whispers. "It was all reasonable. I lied to you, even if it was for a good reason. I am sorry", Ron replies.

*                     *                     *                     *

           "Do my parents know", Hermione asks?  "I asked your mum and dad when I came down for Christmas last year", Ron assures her. "So that's why they liked you so much", Hermione jokes. "It will please you to know that I am a very likable person", he puffs out his chest. Hermione throws her arms around him and hugs him tight. "Still not good enough for a kiss", he asks?  "Oh, I'll think about it", she replies with a grin. She pecks his cheek, then runs.  "You know that's not what I meant", Ron calls after her! 

*                     *                     *                     *

            "Are you hiding", Teddy asks her in a whisper? She nods from her hiding place in Teddy's room. "From who"? "Ron", she says quietly. "Why"? "Because he is trying to find me", she shrugs. The door bursts open to reveal a heavily breathing Ron. "Found you", he yells triumphantly! He grabs her hand and pulls her close to him. "You ready to see another wedding", he asks Teddy? His eyes widen, "You're getting married"?! Hermione laughs and nods. Teddy hugs her tight, "Now you're my Auntie"! "I suppose so".

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Now for that kiss", Ron murmurs, shutting the door to his room. "Did I ever agree to that", Hermione asks jokingly? Ron grins, "I know you'll like it". "Well...if you're sure", Hermione says. She presses against him and pulls his head down to meet hers. They kiss passionately, Ron's arm wraps around her as if he is afraid to let her go. Hermione runs her fingers through his hair and they are out of breath when they pull away. "You were right, I did like it", Hermione whispers in his ear. "I know you so well", he replies.