Chapter 24

A/N: GRADUATION TIME NOW, YAY!!!

      Today is the day that they leave Hogwarts for good. This is the day their lives are changed.

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Ginny, you look so cute", Hermione exclaims as she looks at her friend! "Hermione, you look so old", Ginny jokes.  "I can't believe we are leaving Hogwarts", Hermione sighs, plopping on her bed. "It feels weird, knowing we'll never come back", Ginny agrees quietly. "I'm going to miss this place so much! The moving staircases, the walks to Hagrid's, the talking portraits, the Great Hall, everything", Hermione rambles, but Ginny doesn't mind- she feels the same way.

*                     *                     *                     *

           "Attention all Graduates", Headmistress McGonagall's voice rings out. "You all have an idea, by now, of what you wish to be. Today is your last day here at Hogwarts and we would like to hold the ceremony where we started, out by the lake. Goodbye, I will miss you all dearly. Hogwarts won't be the same without any of you". "We're finally all old", Luna says with a sad grin, "I hope we all will keep in touch". "We will! All of y'all are invited to mine and Harry's wedding", Ginny exclaims happily!  "I like what you've done with your outfit, Luna", Hermione says. "Really"? Luna had transformed her cap into an eagle head, which reminded Hermione of the lion hat Luna had once made to support Gryffindor against Slytherin in Quidditch.

*                     *                     *                     *

           Hermione sees Ron and gives a small wave. He grins and waves back, holding a camera. They call names in alphabetical order and after a while, Hermione is called.

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Hermione Granger is a women of many talents. She always made the best marks in her class and never neglected to do her homework. She has always been a person of strong beliefs and I admire her for that. And there are many people here happy to call her their friend", McGonagall says, handing Hermione her certificate. "I'll miss you", she tells her. "I'll miss you too", Hermione replies.  George hoots and points at Ron, "That's his girlfriend"! Molly Weasley puts a silencing spell on him.

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Luna Lovegood is a caring individual who is known for both her brains and interesting beliefs. No one can argue with the fact that this girl has courage", McGonagall says with a warm smile.

*                     *                     *                     *

          When Ginny gets onto the stage, a third year girl says loudly, "That's Harry Potter's girlfriend"! Ginny holds up her hand with the ring on it and a bunch of people gasp.

*                     *                     *                     *

           "Luna, you are an amazing person. You've done so much to help me and I love you so much. Luna Lovegood, you truly are the girl who cared", Draco tells her, near tears. "And it breaks my heart to do this.
O
    b
        l
           i
              v
                  i
                     a
                        t
                           e".

*                     *                     *                     *

        "Hello", Luna Lovegood says after the ceremony. "Are you Percy Weasley"? The red-head boy nods. They shake hands. "My name is Luna Lovegood! I've heard about you. Of course, not all of what I heard was very nice, but I see why the Sorting Hat put you in Gryffindor. People would give up a lot to be as brave as you". "Me? Brave", Percy asks in disbelief? "Do you not here that often? Well, it's true. You are one of the bravest people I know! You defied your whole family for a cause you believed in! I know I couldn't do that. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to the people you love", Luna replies. "Thank you, Luna. That means a lot to me", Percy smiles.

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Where is Draco", Hermione asks Luna? "Draco? That's an odd name", Luna replies. "One minute, Luna".
Hermione finds Draco and pulls him aside, "What did you do to her"? "I made her life better. I'm not good enough for her", Draco replies with a frown. "Not arguing there", Hermione mutters, "You better not come back to her. You've made your choice". "I'm not going to do any more damage".

*                     *                     *                     *

          "Is your compartment full", Draco asks Hermione, Ginny, and Luna? Hermione glares at him, but Luna says, "Come on in".  "Luna Lovegood", she extends her hand to the blonde boy. "Draco Malfoy". "Draco's a funny name", she tells him and he smiles sadly. He doesn't reply. "What do you plan on doing as a career", she asks? "Oh, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get a job. You see, I was a Death Eater. Having one of those as an employee isn't very well for business", Draco replies. "I'm sure you'll be fine. I knew this Death Eater once. He wasn't one by choice, but for his family. He was the nicest person I had ever met. I don't remember anything else about his though, his name, his appearance, all a blur. But I loved him, if I could meet him again, I know I would still love him without a doubt", Luna whispers. Draco holds back tears. What has he done? Hermione gives him a sharp look and he nods. He understands that he has to let go of Luna Lovegood.