The Vikings

"Mom, mom!" Hanna flew through the sanctuary and the tunnels, and landed in the kitchen. There she saw Hiccup and her mother talking. She interrupted. "Mom, the Rockheads are trapping dragons again!"

Valka jumped out of her chair. "Hiccup, saddle up Toothless!"

Hiccup nodded and left the room.

"Wait, mom, where's he going?" Hanna followed her to her room, Stonescale thumping behind her.

"To get Toothless ready. He's coming with us," she told her as she began pulling her suit on.

"That big -," Stonescale started, but Hanna shushed him.

"But mom, he's such an amateur!" Hanna complained. "He's only been riding for a couple of months!"

"Listen to yourself Hanna and open your eyes! Have you seen them ride together?"

Hanna bowed her head in shame.

"Now enough of this, both of you!" Valka looked at Stonescale. "We've got to go!" She put her face mask on and ran out of the room.

They arrived in the dragon sanctuary, Hiccup and Toothless waiting for them.

"Cloudjumper!" Valka roared. The owl-like Stormcutter dropped onto the ledge from above. She used her staff to climb up onto her dragon, then swung her staff to catch all of the dragons attentions.

She spoke directly towards the alpha, bowing, and the ice-spitting dragon roared the command for everyone to go. Hiccup watched as he disappeared under the water.

Then all of the dragons took flight, and Hiccup followed his mother and sister out of the sanctuary.

They flew towards the island that Hanna had been on. Soon, the outline of many Viking ships met their eyes. Cloudjumper let out an ear-splitting roar and Valka twirled her staff before pointing at the Vikings on the shore.

The dragons attacked the surprised trappers. Stonescale immediately began blasting open cages while Cloudjumper burned the net traps. Valka jumped to a nearby Thunderdrum before leaping to the ground. Using her staff, she sliced through a netter trap holding an adolescent Zippleback.

"The Dragon riders!" Hiccup heard one of the Vikings cry. "They won't get away this time!"

Hiccup was just sitting there awkwardly, unsure of what he should be doing. His family looked like they had it covered.

Then he heard his mother yell, "Hiccup! Burn the ships!"

He was off like a rocket. The whistle, known as the Night Fury whistle around these parts, could be heard as they soared through the sky.

"Night Fury!"

"Get down!"

Hiccup blasted the first of the three boats as the Vikings scattered. The boat was smoldering, but it wasn't burning yet. Just then, a load sucking could be heard from the water, and the crown of the Bewilderbeast stuck up. The massive dragon raised his head and in a split second, the smoldering boat was skewered on a giant spike of ice. Toothless had to swerve to avoid it.

Hanna and Stonescale appeared and set the elevated boat aflame. They moved to the next one, and after a couple of blasts, it was sinking below the waves. Hanna was directly in front of them as they moved to the next and last boat. Suddenly, Stonescale swerved, and the bola that was directed at him wrapped itself around Toothless. The Night Fury let out a roar as him and his rider tumbled from the sky.

"Not so great now, huh?" Hanna roared down at them.

"Hanna!" Valka cried, but it was too late. Before he knew it, Hiccup saw his sister and her Hobblegrunt land right next to him, also encased in a bola. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the trappers try to shoot down Cloudjumper, but the dragon twirled to avoid it. Valka was thrown off her dragon and tumbled into the trees with a scream. Her dragon dove after her.