Art

"This is a painting of a Shadow Sweeper flying at night. Legand says the only way you could see them was by the stars being blacked out."

Three dragons and their riders were in Hiccup's temporary room, looking at the canvas on his bed.

"Well, it's also a painting of a Night Fury."

"Wait, so, your saying that Toothless is a Shadow Sweeper!?"

Hiccup nodded.

"Wow, I thought they were just a legend! By Thor, he's amazing! And I should have known. Black as night scales, solitary, one of a kind, not to mention extremely fast. This is amazing! If I had known -"

"Wait, Natalia, so you haven't seen one before now?" Hiccup asked hopefully.

She looked at him and shook her head sadly. "No. Like I said, I thought they were just a legend."

Hiccup sighed, "Sorry, bud."

Toothless planted his nose in his rider's hand. "It's fine."

After a long silence, Natalia spoke again. "You know, why don't we put that Flightmare Algae to good use. Who wants to make some paint?"

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"You see? There. The slightest stroke can make the biggest difference!"

They were in Natalia's Art Studio. They were going to make paint, but had gotten side tracked. She was now showing them her latest work.

It was a round world with the sun on one side and the moon on the other. Hiccup found it a bit silly, but kept his mouth shut.

He was walking around Natalia to get a better view when he felt something cold on his neck. He had run right into her outstretched paint brush.

"Whoops! Sorry."

"It's okay. I-"

But he stopped when he felt something sliding down his back. He turned around to see Willow standing there, holding a paint brush, and smirking.

"Oh, it's on!"

There was soon an all out paint fight taking place in the Art Studio. Paint was flying everywhere. Thankfully, they had covered up the actual painting before the fight got too viscious. Hiccup had grabed the green paint jug and 'accidentaly' poured it over Willow's head. Natalia had decided Hiccup would look good with a sun painted on his tunic, but it soon got smeared when Toothless ran into the table holding the open paint jugs.

All too soon, they ran out of paint. Toothless was covered in red, Goldstar was covered in so many colors she had turned brown, and the riders looked like they had recently flown through a rainbow. Marina wanted no part in what her food had become, so she had flown off.

"I think we're out," Willow said.

"Well then, we make more."

They spent the next couple of hours making paint. Natalia taught them how to properly mix the Flightmare Algae with the spices, and used Goldstar and Toothless's flame to heat the paint to the right temperature.

When they were done, Natalia's paint stores had been fully restocked. Then they went to the tree with running warm water to clean up.

After a dinner of fish and rainforest salad, they all turned in for the night. The Tree Terrors put out all the torches, and Hiccup went to sleep under the Night Fury canvas.

The next day, Natalia decided to show them what all the flags around the tree house were for.

They all took to the air. Goldstar flatened herself out, her tail streaming out behind her. Natalia stood up and, as they passed a balcony, snatched a flag from its holder.