The Villages

It took a few days to get back to the North Pole, and they were relived when the island appeared on the horizon. When they landed, Marina moved to her pool and began to gulp the algae infested water down. Willow dismounted and began to pick blue bells, one of her favorite foods on this island. Besides the Flightmare berries, which looked like orange rasberries. They grew along the water on the island.

It was late at night, almost time for their midnight meal. The sun had just set about half an hour ago. For some reason, the sun set late at night and rose early in the morning. If course, they didn't mind, they were nocturnal anyway.

Once Willow had finished picking the ingredients for her salad, they flew inside. They decided that they'd pack now, then go to sleep and be ready to go at dusk. Willow and Marina once again led them through the maze of tunnels to the storage.

As the Flightmare and her rider were emptying Marina's saddle bags, Toothless began to wander through the maze of stuff.

"What's this?" he nosed an object in a pile.

"Toothless, quit touching everything!"

Hiccup walked up to his Dragon and picked up the object. It was the cylindrical kaleidoscope thing he had noticed last time. He raised it to his eye level, curious.

"Wait, what is this?"

Willow glanced over. "Oh, that? I'm not sure. I found it in an old ship graveyard, just outside the archipelago. For some reason, I seemed drawn to that place..." she trailed off. "Anyway, there was this weird ship called "The Reaper". It was absolutely covered in booby traps, from stem to stern. That thing was on it. I also got a lot of other goodies from that graveyard. You'd be surprised at how many tresures there were there. But anyway, I think it does something, but what ever it does, you need a Snow Wraith tooth to unlock it."

"A Snow Wraith tooth?" Hiccup looked up, "Couldn't you just get one from the riders on Glacier Island?"

Willow shrugged. "I guess. I guess I just haven't been curious enough."

Hiccup looked down in thought. "I have a Snow Wraith tooth. I traded the little one a bit of scrap metal for a necklace with a Snow Wraith tooth on it."

He set the odd thing down and opened one of Toothless' saddle bags. After looking for a while, he finally found it. He pulled it out. The tooth glistened on the string.

Hiccup brought it to the key hole, inserted it, and turned it. It clicked.

They waited in scilence for something to happen, but nothing did.

"It's probably just a broken prototype for something." Willow went back to work.

"Hmm. Can I keep it on me? I want to investigate it more."

"Sure. I don't care. You can have it if you want, I don't know anyone who'd trade for it."

"Thanks." Hiccup put the object in a saddle bag, and slipped the Tooth around his neck. He tucked it into his tunic before going to help his partner.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"The first tribe is this way. A while ago, these Vikings fought dragons. They participated in a never ending war over territory and food. But since then, they've made peace with the dragons. It was only fifty years ago when they made their peace, but this is the place where I get some of my awesome technology."

They were flying over dark waters to a large island far East and slightly South of Berk. Hiccup couldn't wait to see the village. He could hardly imagine Berk making peace with the dragons, but perhaps this place wouldn't be so different. And if this place could change, why couldn't Berk?