Back to Berk

"So, what's Berk like?" Hanna asked as she soared up towards Hiccup and Toothless.

"Well, ya know, it's rocky and wet... Oh, and the forests are amazing!"

"Sounds..." She paused, searching for the word, "lovely."

"Yeah. it's not great," Hiccup said. He was barely listening to her. He always thought that when he ran away, he wouldn't come back at all. But here he was, a month from when he left, the wet heap of rock looming on the horizon. He wondered how his father was. Wait, his father...

"Hiccup, are you okay?" Hanna asked when she noticed he had stopped Toothless.

"Yeah, but, I don't think we should go here."

"Why not?"

"Well, we might see my father. Our father," Hiccup looked at her.

"So?"

"Well, it's one thing going behind your mother's back and spy on your home island, it's another to go and spy on your father that your mother has hidden from you for all your life," Hiccup explained worriedly.

"Well, we're not going to spy on our father, we're going to spy on your crush," Hanna said.

"I guess, but we'll probably see our father, and that sounds like something you should do with mom," Hiccup worried.

"Stop being such a fun killer," Hanna complained, "The deal was, we go spy on Darius, then off to Berk to spy on Astrid. Come on Hiccup! Even if we do see our father, big deal! I have to see him sometime!"

"I guess your right," Hiccup gave in, "C'mon, follow -," he broke off when he laid eyes on what was in front of him.

Toothless warbled a mix of question and begging. "Please?" his voice dripped with longing and his eyes had lit up with excitement.

Hiccup just stared ahead. "The sea stacks," he breathed. All of those memories rushed to his head. Lounging atop of them in the mid afternoon sun, the first time he really flew Toothless, all of those fun times they had together, creating new tricks and discovering what new world they had unlocked together. He had missed this so much since they left.

The air had grown silent. The morning sun glinted against the water below them as Hanna wondered what they were going to do next. This place, these towers of rock, obviously meant something to these two.

Hiccup absentmindedly clicked the tail into position. The noise cut through the scilence like a knife. For a moment there was no sound at all. And then, Toothless shot forward and let out a roar of happiness.

The two spiraled upwards before falling back down, catching the up drafts right before they would have crashed. They took off into the maze of pillars with amazing speed, spinning and twirling, flying upside down and sideways. The sight was utterly awesome.

They climbed up the side of a stack, literally inches from the rock. When they reached the top, they began skimming the tops of the towers, flying at speeds no other dragon that size could achieve. They were nothing more than a black blur, speeding across the skyline.

A while later, they slowed and landed on a sea stack. Hanna had landed Stonescale on one so he could rest his wings, and now they were back in the air, flying towards the pillar her brother was on.

"Hanna!" Hiccup exclaimed, "Oh my gods I'm so sorry! I completely forgot you were here. I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay. I enjoy watching you fly. It's amazing."