Troubled Pasts

Goldstar led them to a tree that was home to a good sized room. It wasn't too large, but it wasn't extremely tiny either. The Scuttleclaw walked through a large painted tarp that Hiccup assumed led into the room.

"This is her Art Studio," Willow explained. Hiccup noticed the different pictures that lined the wooden walls. They were all very pretty. He could see Tree Terrors and waterfalls, Dragons and sunsets. The paintings were absolutely breath taking.

"C'mom!" Willow led them into the room. Inside, there were canvases everywhere. Most of the paintings were unfinished, however some were completed and posted on the walls.

Standing in front of an easel was a girl who looked about their age. She turned around when Goldstar nudged her.

"Willow!" she exclaimed. They exchanged a short hug before she turned to Hiccup. She had long, blonde, wavy hair with bangs and a pair of bright, hazel eyes that matched Goldstar perfectly. Some of her hair had been pulled into a braid while the rest hung loose, tumbling over her shoulders. She wore a yellow-green short-sleeve shirt that was covered with paint stains and a pair of light brown Capri leggings that were worn from riding. She had a messenger bag resting on her right hip that was now brown, but had obviously been died blue once. She also had on a pair of sandels that had straps that wound up to just above her ankles. She also seemed to love feathers. There were two long, thin feathers in her hair. One red and one green. Smaller feathers lined her collar and she also had feathers attached to a leather arm band that was just above her left elbow. She wore a leather belt with feathers all around it, completed with one large, blue feather that fell to her left knee. Also, attached to the top straps of her sandals that were just above her ankles were even more feathers. Multicolored feathers seemed to be this girl's thing. But the one thing that really caught Hiccup's eye, was the odd bracelet she was wearing on her right wrist. It looked like a black leather band but with a rock attached to it. The rock was grey with blue specks in it, like gems. There was also something that looked like a button on one side. Hiccup wondered if it did anything.

He was jolted out of his thoughts when the girl spoke. "Hi, I'm Natalia and this is my Scuttleclaw, Goldstar. Who are you?"

"This is Hiccup, my new partner. I ran into him when I went to trade with Valka and Hanna at the sanctuary. I wasn't too sure of him then. After all, he was a mysterious rider who just showed up at The Sanctaury, claiming to be Hanna's long lost sibling. I doubted it at first, I mean, who does that? It couldn't have been more obvious he was an imposter! But then he showed me his magnificent invetion of an item to make his beloved Dragon fly again! Alas, he did not have the products he needed. But, as the trader I am I traded him a -"

"Willow, now is not the best time for stories. Gosh, how do the other stops you go to handle it?!" Natalia mumbled.

"Um, they've all told me to cut the stories or they won't let me come to trade any more," Willow admitted.

"Well, right now it's time for introductions. You can tell me the story later."

Willow nodded reluctantly. Hiccup remembered the last time he heard her tell stories like that was back at the North Pole, when they were loading up their saddle bags. It reminded him of Trader Johann, the trader who would sail to Berk to trade. He always had some over exagerated story to go with every piece of merchandise.

"Anyway," Natalia continued, "Your name is Hiccup?"

"Yeah, my name's Hiccup and this is my Night Fury, Toothless. And yes, I am Hanna's twin brother." Hiccup glared at Willow, who looked away.

"Night Fury? I don't think I've ever heard of that kind of Dragon."

Toothless scowled at the ground while Hiccup stiffled a laugh.