The Cove

"Not this again!" Hiccup cried as he and Toothless tumbled towards the forest. Toothless roared. They had almost made it to the cove when a lightning bolt out of nowhere had struck Toothless' tail.

Hiccup quickly unattached his safety belt and fell off his dragon's back. Toothless then propelled himself forward, then wrapped his wings around his rider before they hit the ground.

"Ugh, Toothless, are you okay?" Hiccup got up.

"Yup, fine," he responded as he shook his head.

Hanna landed next to them. "Are you guys okay?"

Hiccup nodded. "We need to get to the Cove, then figure out a plan to make Toothless another tail."

Toothless cooed apologetically, "Sorry."

"It's not your fault, Bud!" Hiccup said.

"You're right!" Toothless smirked, "It's yours."

Hiccup scowled at his dragon as a rain drop leaked through the canopy of trees and landed with a plop on his head.

"Come on, we need to get to the Cove," Hiccup began to march through the undergrowth, in the direction of Toothless' old home.

"Right! Where it'll be full on raining!" Toothless trotted grumpily behind him.

"It'll be better than receiving enormously large drops to the head," Hiccup teased as his dragon met the same fate he did. Toothless growled as Hiccup led him, Hanna, and Stonescale through the trees.

Soon, they reached the Cove.

"Wow! This is where you trained Toothless? It's beautiful!" Hanna gasped as they ducked beneath the wedged shield.

"If you ignore the pelting rain and obvious signs of a battle," Stonescale said, clearly unimpressed. He flew up and over the stone walls.

Toothless warbled worriedly, "What should I do?"

"Toothless, plasma blast!" Hiccup commanded, pointing at the shield. They heard the familiar whistle before the Night Fury shot and the shield exploded. The dragon barked in approval before walking into the Cove.

"We need a plan," Hanna said.

"Somehow I need to get into the forge and make another tail without being seen," Hiccup warbled.

"Right. Any ideas?"

Hiccup roared, "I got it! You need to appear in the village and say you need to use the forge. Then, you make it look like you're doing something until it gets dark, then I'll come in and make the tail!"

"How? I can't speak Norse."

"You can motion and stuff, and that way they can't question you," Hiccup explained.

"Why don't you just go in under the cover of night?"

"Because, this way if they hear something in the forge, they won't be suspicious."

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"Chief!"

"There's someone in the village!"

"It's a girl!"

"I've never seen her before!"

"What is it?" Stoick stepped out of his house.

"A girl appeared in the village, we don't know her!" Bucket said.

Stoick followed the villagers to the main part of town. There, he saw a young girl, probably about Astrid's age, with her red hair tied up in a bun. She worn a cut vest over a tighter, green shirt, and a brown skirt over leggings. Stoick walked over to greet her, but stopped in his tracks when she looked up.