The Bloody Barbarians

"Morning, Hiccup!" Hanna's roar woke him.

"What? Huh?" he sat up as Toothless raised his head and warbled in curiosity. "Oh. Hey, Hanna."

It had been two weeks since they had taken down the Rockheads. Hiccup was finally catching on to Dragonese.

His sister was standing above him, holding a candle to light the room.

"Let's go flying!" she said as Stonescale walked around the room. Toothless huffed.

"Toothless and I stayed up flying last night," Hiccup told her, rolling over in his bed.

"To bad, we're going flying," Hanna grabbed his metal leg and pulled him out from under the covers.

"Oooh! What are these?" Stonescale had begun filtering through the papers on Hiccup's desk.

"Oh no no no no no no no," Hiccup fell out of his bed and rushed to his desk. He began piling the papers back up and pushed them towards the back of the desk. "You can't look at these," he told the nosy dragon.

Stonescale gasped. "You stole Hanna's drawings!"

"Stonescale, these aren't mine," Hiccup turned around to see his sister holding a finished portrait of Astrid.

"Ummmm," Hiccup started, but Hanna interrupted him.

"You can draw!?" she exclaimed.

Hiccup nodded.

"That's so cool! So can I!" She stuck her hand into her vest and pulled out her drawing pad. She handed it to Hiccup and he flipped through it. There were hundreds of drawings in it. Most of them of a certain Hobblegrunt, but some were of other dragons.

"This one's my favorite," she pointed to the page he was on. It was a Deadly Nadder soaring over the ocean. Judging by the shading, it was sunset.

"Hey! That's not - me!" Stonescale complained.

Hiccup continued flipping through the book and he came across a picture unlike the others. It was of a human. A tall, muscular boy with short, dark hair. He carried a shield with an odd crest on it.

"Who's thi-," the book was ripped out of his hand.

"No one, that's no one," Hanna quickly shut the book and shoved it back in her vest.

Stonescale spoke tauntingly, "That's Darius, of the Bloody Barbarians. She loves him."

Hanna threw the book at her dragon. He winced, but kept smiling evily.

"Stonescale!" She roared.

"She makes me go to his island to spy on his 'handsome masculinity'," Stonescale scowled, turning a nasty shade of brownish green. Hanna's face flushed bright red.

"Does mom know?" Hiccup asked, trying not to laugh.

"No, and DON'T tell her! She'll kill me if she finds out!"

"Okay, my lips are shut."

"Anyway, enough about me, who's her?" Hanna pointed to the now exposed drawings of Astrid.

"I'm not saying," Hiccup turned around and plucked Toothless's saddle off of the wall.

"Not fair! I told you about Darius!"

"No, your Dragon blabbed. Fortunately for me, my dragon is the most loyal -"

"That's Astrid. She's the toughest of all the teens on Berk. Hiccup's had a crush on her ever since he was five."