02 | allegro

note > even though this story is set in usa i'm going to make the legal drinking age 18 like it is here in europe

0 2

a l l e g r o

rapid tempo movements

My typical night ended with a large cup of green tea and an episode of The Walking Dead. As much as I was afraid of zombies and everything like that, The Walking Dead wasn't as scary to me. Also, Norman Reedus is super hot in my opinion so that's a plus when it comes to watching the show. About midway into the newest episode, my phone starts buzzing like crazy, signaling I have an incoming call. My eyes flicker to the screen and I see Serenity's name flash on the screen.

Serenity and I met in kindergarten and we've been friends ever since. Before moving here we lived across the street from each other and both of us attended dance classes at the same studio. Our friendship has always been very strong and I doubt that's going to change now that I've moved basically across the country. I grabbed the phone and pressed the 'accept' button as I placed the phone to my ear.

"Hazy!" Serenity yelled into my ear. "How's Florida? Are there hot guys? Tell me you haven't replaced me with other girls."

I chuckled, "Florida's fun, a lot hotter than Maine and I haven't replaced you, baby girl, I just became friends with my neighbor and hopefully she's a nice girl. I met this guy at a dance studio but he's extremely rude."

"Was he hot, though?"

"Kind of," I admitted. "But his personality ruins it. Imagine Francisco Lachowski with the personality of your younger brother. Very rude, childish and not that great manners."

"Damn," Serenity sighed. "I hoped you'd introduce me to this hunk when I come to Florida."

Before leaving Maine, Serenity and me already planned that she'd be visiting me as soon as possible. We're inseparable so I need to see her or I'll just die of boredom. No one understands me as well as she does. Hopefully she'll be able to come here before summer comes to an end, which is in like a month.

"You know Luke, right?" Serenity asked. I pushed my laptop off my lap; lay down on the bed to get into comfortable position. "We've been talking recently and he's so lovely."

"He's a fuckboy like all the rest of 'em," I chided. "You don't want to get hurt, now do you?"

Serenity sighed on the other end of the line. There was a slight pause before she responded, "Of course I don't but he might be different."

"It's all bullshit and you know it. A guy like him won't change for a girl."

"I'll just test the waters and if things don't work out, there's plenty of other fish in the sea," Serenity exclaimed. "I have to go to sleep now, I have an early shift tomorrow morning."

"Alright, good night," I told her.

"Good night, Hazel," She replied, ending the call.

❀❀❀❀❀

When morning came around I found myself feeling very relaxed and energized and that's something that doesn't happen often, considering I don't get much sleep and getting up early in the morning just sucks. Pushing the duvet off my body, I headed straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I returned to my room and pulled open the blinds. A view of the beach greeted me and the sun shone brightly in the sky.

What a perfect day.

I rummaged through my dresser, looking for a pair of running shorts. I enjoyed running in the morning as it made me feel accomplished for the day. Even though I was always physically dying afterwards I still did it anyway. Also, it never hurts to stay in shape and have good stamina.