22 | pas de chat

2 2

p a s d e c h a t

a jump beginning and ending in fifth position

I almost had a heart attack when my mom announced she'll be going to Hawaii with Sven's father, Valentin.

She didn't tell me anything beforehand. One morning she just came downstairs and told me she'll be going on a vacation with Valentin and they'll be spending the next week and a half together in Hawaii as my mom is on vacation from work. Apparently a lot of the doctors had a chance to go on vacation and since my mom has done a lot of night shifts in the hospital during the fall, she could go on vacation while the other general surgeons had to work.

I thought she'd want the spend that time with her children since it's the holidays and New Years Eve is coming up, but I guess I was wrong. Now it's just me, Serenity and Isabella alone in the house. Mom trusts me enough to leave me in charge for the time as Isabella is too young and leaving her in charge wouldn't be the best.

Plus she talked to Saskia's parents about her leaving and asked them to keep an eye on us in case something happens. And I have phone numbers to all of her colleagues at work so if I need medical help, I can just call whoever I need.

As mom is packing her things, I sit on her bed and keep my eyes on her.

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" I ask her.

She looks up at me as she continues to neatly fold her clothes. "It completely slipped my mind. You know how hectic work can get. Val and I arranged the trip and I completely forgot to tell you." She brushes a few locks that have fallen from her bun behind her ear. "You three will be fine. Plus, you can always invite Sven and Rosen over if you don't feel safe alone."

"It's not that," I murmur. "It's more the fact that you didn't tell me about all of this before. It's all so sudden."

Mom walks over to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders, pulling me in for a tight hug. "You two will be fine. You're almost a grown up and you need to be alone to get used to the fact that you're moving to New York in the fall time. I won't be around when you're in college."

"I might not even get in," I chuckle. "The possibility of both Rosen and me getting into Juilliard is slim to none."

Mom smiles at me. "They're idiots if they don't accept you both. From what I've heard and seen, you're both amazing dancers."

"Thanks, mom," I tell her as a huge grin appears on my face. Pushing myself up from the bed I step closer to her suitcase. "Now, let me help you pack your things so you won't be late for the flight."

❀❀❀❀❀

Serenity and me are sitting in my room, watching Back to The Future when I hear loud music coming from downstairs. Frowning I put the movie on pause and head downstairs, Serenity following me closely.

Gasping I notice Isabella with a bunch of others arranging things in the living room as loud music is playing from the speakers. The tables are covered in all kinds of snack foods. Looking into the kitchen I see the kitchen islands covered in all kinds of alcohol.

"That's perfect," Bella says as the three guys push the couches to the corner of the room to create a large open space in the middle of the living room. Probably to imitate a dance floor.

Taking the final steps downstairs I head straight towards Isabella. "Uh, what are you doing?"

Isabella turns around to face me, a smirk on her face. "I'm having a party. What does it look like?"