23 | assemblé

2 3

a s s e m b l é

to assemble or place (the feet) together in the air (usually in fifth position) during a jump. 

When Isabella barged into my room saying she had a date with Graham, I almost spurted out the hot tea that I was drinking onto my laptop.

She looks like she's about to lose her mind. A huge grin is plastered onto her face as she sits down on my bed and starts telling me all the details about how she asked Graham out on a date and he agreed to go on a date with her. The fact that she has enough courage to ask a guy out on a date shows exactly how different we are.

"Where are you two going?" I ask as I sit down next to her on the bed.

Recently Isabella has been slightly more friendly towards me and doesn't act like a bitch all the time. It's still annoying how she threw a party without telling me about it when mom left but I can't hold it against her for too long. She's still young and if she wants to act like that then it's not my job to raise her. She will grow out of that phase at some point and in a few years she will realize how stupid she acted when she was younger. At least I'm hoping she will because I did.

"We're going to an amusement park," she explains. "We agreed to meet and two and then just see what'll happen after that. Maybe we'll go out to eat as well but I'm not sure."

"Alright." I tell her. I don't really care about her date so I didn't want to know any additional details. Isabella quietly sat next to me as she started picking on the skin around her fingernails, a habit I realized she does when she's very nervous.

She slowly whispers: "Can you come with me? I'm slightly nervous and I want you to be around in case something happens."

"Why would something happen?" I ask, chuckling lightly. "Graham is a nice guy and I doubt he'd do something that would make you feel uncomfortable."

Isabella smiles. "I don't know. He's two years older than me after all and the fact that he agreed to go on a date with me is already mind blowing. What if he expects something sexual to happen?"

I roll my eyes at her. "You two are going to an amusement park. He's not gonna force you to have sex with him on the top of the ferris wheel. Everything will be fine."

Isabella scratches the back of her head. "Can you please come? I'll owe you big time. You can ask Rosen to come with you so you two can have a small date as well and then you can just keep an eye out for me."

Then it dawns on me that Graham has been texting Saskia a lot of weird things recently. If he's interested in Saskia why would he go on a date with my little sister? That makes me a little more protective of Isabella.

"Fine, I'll come with you." I tell her but keep the details about Graham's texting to myself. If something bad happens then I'll just tell Isabella what Graham's really like. Maybe he won't act like that around Isabella. Maybe there's a small chance that he will like Isabella and he will leave Saskia alone. At least I'm hoping and praying that's what'll happen.

❀❀❀❀❀

After much persuasion, Rosen agreed to come with me to the amusement park. At first he said he's too busy doing stuff and when I asked what stuff, he said he needs to catch up on Gossip Girl. Even though he didn't see it, I rolled my eyes at him and told him that we can go to his apartment later and watch it together. That's when he agreed to come with me.